E85 KB Terminator Cobra takes down full bolt on GTR

paintless302

Established Member
What's so impressive about an 800whp car beating a 600whp car? Even with the tech considered? You guys have some low standards.

DSG + gearing wouldn't have made it a race at similar power levels. Is anyone actually impressed? Outside of the fact that you're watching a video of a strong termi make pulls by itself?

Oh and to your point about a GTR being a better daily, I dont know about all that. Maybe better than the SN95 cars, but I'd take a newer cobra over a GTR for a daily any day. Half of my friends drive GTR's and I was actually quite surprised at how harsh the cars ride and how much drivetrain/tire noise infiltrate the cabin. The Shelby's are far softer and more live-able. Not to mention the transmission and diffs in the GTR operate like they're downright broken when the car is cold. Nothing but chugging, lugging, and clunkin'. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

popcorn_seinfeld.gif

Coiled03

Established Member
What's so impressive about an 800whp car beating a 600whp car? Even with the tech considered? You guys have some low standards.

Based on your post history, the GTR is unbeatable in your mind. I thought for once, you might acknowledge there are other fast cars. Guess you're right.....I do have low standards.

INNOVATE_1

Part-time Dream Crusher
Established Member
3400 lb 800whp jumps on 2 honks > 3850 lb 600whp

Am I the only one that gets the math... lol

Some serious hate on a far superior car...

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
3400 lb 800whp jumps on 2 honks > 3850 lb 600whp

Am I the only one that gets the math... lol

Some serious hate on a far superior car...

I'm sure the cobra weighs more than 3400lbs, more like 3700lbs. No one is hating on the GTR, we all know it's a superior car over an old cobra. They perform very well but since this is a svt forum, people are just giving props to the cobra since it was putting his power to the ground very well. GTR did very good considering the hp difference and the cobra jumping every time.

INNOVATE_1

Part-time Dream Crusher
Established Member
I'm sure the cobra weighs more than 3400lbs, more like 3700lbs. No one is hating on the GTR, we all know it's a superior car over an old cobra. They perform very well but since this is a svt forum, people are just giving props to the cobra since it was putting his power to the ground very well. GTR did very good considering the hp difference and the cobra jumping every time.

You're right, it probably is closer to 3700-3800 lbs including driver/passenger which also puts the GT-R over 4000 lbs... The math is still the same in my original post..

Edit*
My mistake, didn't take everything into consideration. Cobra is probably hitting the 4000lb mark. A good 150-200lbs less than the GTR.

Cobra makes serious power and rolled out for sure... but who expected different with the given numbers?

Last edited:

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
You're right, it probably is closer to 3700-3800 lbs including driver/passenger which also puts the GT-R over 4000 lbs... The math is still the same in my original post..

Cobra makes serious power and rolled out for sure... but who expected different with the given numbers?

Where did you come up with 3400lbs for the cobra?

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Bottom line is that Cobra is a bad mofo. Car runs on an ancient chassis first put into production in 1979. It is one of the last cars Ford made that I consider a true "muscle car". It's a sled with a huge hammer up front. It's the underdog and this time it came out on top. Kudos to the owner. Man can shift. Just quit going on 2. He was nervous knowing he was up against a GTR. LOL.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread