E85 is truely the best kept secret in fuel!

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
According to Art Whipple, with long tubes, off road X and the Borla catback one might expect a drop of 1.5-2 psi of boost due to the lack of restriction. Friday night on the way home from a cruise it was ~53*, I rolled into it in 3rd gear and saw 20 psi. IMO, if I don't net another 10hp for every degree of timing, it's not worth leaning on it to me. The car actually made 633hp & 634 lb-ft at 22* of timing. We upped it to 23* and gained only 4 hp but lost 15 lb-ft. The numbers I posted in my OP were at 23* of timing and a max of 18psi dropping to ~16.5 psi at the top of the pull. How can one argue spending $9+/gallon for C16, when you can pay $2.21 for E85, make a little less power, not kill O2 sensors, and buy it off the street when needed???

I'm not going to argue with you and it's just my opinion. Everyone has different ideas and what not on how they want to treat their cars. I just like what I'm doing now because the car is set up for it and I know there's no troubles. Plus like I said unless you're wanting more power on the street or your everyday tune it seems right now it just can't be proven to do more. A lot of people say it does but if so then why doesn't everyone run it at the track instead of 1 out of 100 cars? I'll just sit back and watch to see more info on it for a while.

Either way you got a car that put out some pretty big numbers so just enjoy it.:beer:

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
The motor didn't seem to like the timing much over 22.5*....we were starting to see signs of detonation.
I have NEVER seen any signs of detonation and I have seen some people do some crazy things with timing/boost and A/F with E85. No way should your car see detonation with your set up. But if it stopped making power then that's the max.

Users who are viewing this thread