E85 Before/After HP Questions

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Thinking of switching to corn. Who has before and after numbers with E85 being the only change? Not upping boost or anything like that, just E85. Just wondering what to expect with my setup....

Also, can I keep cats on the car?

Danno44

Squatchin
Established Member
Without changing boost level you can add alot more timing giving you a significant increase in power. But why the hell not add more boost its too easy!

sabotage

corn fed!!!!!!
Established Member
subing thinking about making the change over too......tired of the race gas smell when driving on the street....specially here in california...

No other changes made I gained 72rwhp 42rwtq same day swapped fuel on the dyno.

how did you drain the gas do you have a drain plug, sump etc... or did you just pump it out ....is there a problem having a little bit of gas when you switch to e85.....?

Chances50

Established Member
I unhooked the supply line from the regulator and bypassed the relay, it only had a 1/8-1/4 tank. with twin 340's it drained it quick.lol

yeah its ok to have a small amount of 91 mixed i try to run my car as low as i can when i plan to switch to one or the other.

70SCJ

(Ret) USMC F/A-18 Driver
Established Member
55rwhp and 70rwtq. Same day same dyno. Drained fuel loaded tune and presto.

Eatonualive281

Established Member
40whp and 100wtrq on my twin 61 tt setup at 18 psi 16 deg timing. same boost and timing as pump tune. its worth it, no question about it.

yamahaSHO

Established Member
Good thread. I just swapped 2 cars over to E85 this month and I will not change the boost level with one of them. I don't want to put a smaller pulley on my SHO as I already have to run the belt pretty tight, and I'm already on borrowed time with the transmission. It made 438whp/336wtq on 91 pump gas running out of fuel 1,000 RPM before redline (at altitude/Denver). Since I had to get injectors for dropping 4,500 ft in altitude, I went ahead and got some ID1000's and now on my second tank of E85. I'm curious to see what it will put down now.

The STi got a bigger turbo and will be getting more boost due to E85 (also using ID1000's).

Users who are viewing this thread