e85 and O/R Pipes fumes?

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member
For the guys running e85 and no cats, how bad does the car smell? Are the fumes as strong as standard pump gas, closer to the alcohol smell, or other?

cinch1985

Established Member
Yea doesn't smell like raw fuel coming out like 93. Has a kinda sweet smell is what I get. Really don't get in the cab unless the wind blows it in.

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member
I dont think it smells bad at all. But my girlfriend hates it. lmao

My wife bitches about everything when she rides in mine. I think I'm going to keep a roll of duct tape in it and start taping her mouth shut. lol

97crystalwhite

ah whatsup DOHC?!
Established Member
very sweet soft smell. lol! to sum it up atleast. shouldnt have a REAL strong smell as long as the tuner dosent tune it the way some people like there girls, fat and retarded. with ethanol you should be able to go safley lean. so with that being said, as mentioned above, the smell should not even be close to that of regular gas "93".

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
At one point, I left the overflow line, that connects to the filler neck, unhooked so it would let some of the fumes into the trunk and cabin. lol. I love the way it smells.

konradr

Ford Mustang
Established Member
At one point, I left the overflow line, that connects to the filler neck, unhooked so it would let some of the fumes into the trunk and cabin. lol. I love the way it smells.

I can picture you at a red light now. Slumped forward in the seat, face planted against the horn, and everyone in sight giving you the finger. I would hook up that line.

Users who are viewing this thread