E85 and Kenne bell 2.8LC mammoth question

Arch-enemy

Established Member
Hello everyone I recently, had my motor rebuild and changed the compression to 9.3:1.

I'm still installing the motor backbin the car. I was really Contemplating blowing my wallet up by buying a kenne 2.8LC mammoth.

Would I have to for sure go to E85? Or can I stay on pump gas.

And if so....

What's the pros and cons for staying on pump and going E85?

(Sorry for the noob questions but, this is my first time changing the super charger)

03' White Snake

Established Member
9.3:1 can run pump gas, but if you have E85 near you, you would be foolish to not get an E85 tune. Once you go corn, you would not go back to 93. Even with the 2.8 mammoth and bump in compression, on 93 you are looking at 650 or so Hp. Corn, you can push it over 800 easily and over 900 if you run it hard. Obviously this is with the correct supporting fuel system.

I run a 2.8h standard inlet non liquid cooled, 10.3 CR, cams, etc. and put down 829/747 on 22 psi on corn.

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
Build the car the way you want. Make sure you have sufficient fuel system for E85. Get your combo dialed on 93 first. Then pulley down and retune for E85. While your at it plumb in a E85 content sensor so if / when you go stand alone your all set for flex fuel.

Arch-enemy

Established Member
9.3:1 can run pump gas, but if you have E85 near you, you would be foolish to not get an E85 tune. Once you go corn, you would not go back to 93. Even with the 2.8 mammoth and bump in compression, on 93 you are looking at 650 or so Hp. Corn, you can push it over 800 easily and over 900 if you run it hard. Obviously this is with the correct supporting fuel system.

I run a 2.8h standard inlet non liquid cooled, 10.3 CR, cams, etc. and put down 829/747 on 22 psi on corn.
Besides upgrading my fuel system, is there anything else I should upgrade. Like axels? I already installed the full tilt boogie stuff for the rear end.

Arch-enemy

Established Member
If you want to stay off corn, boost and timing will determine everything. I'm running 9.1 to 1 with a Whipple 3.4. 14lbs of boost and 14° timing with no issues.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using the svtperformance.com mobile app
I literally just put the engine back into the car, I'm just afraid i will drive into an area where there is no E85.!!!!
Build the car the way you want. Make sure you have sufficient fuel system for E85. Get your combo dialed on 93 first. Then pulley down and retune for E85. While your at it plumb in a E85 content sensor so if / when you go stand alone your all set for flex fuel.
Where can I get one those sensors?
….i thought I would have a 93 and E85 tune…screw pump gas. I’ll only be on E as long as I can get it.

2.8KB, stock engine, E85, 670w on a conservative tune (19 degree of timing I believe).
Did you upgrade your axels? Or are the stock as well
Big blowers want boost. You are limited to 18-19 on 93. The blower will start to shine at 20+. Trust me, it’s not called liquid gold for nothing.
more boost more fun!!!

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
My axles are stock. My input shaft is still stock. I still run the Exedy Mach 600 clutch. If I ever plan on “upgrading” the rear end it will get a built solid axle…which means the rear end will be stock until I come into some money, which will never happen.

My next line of upgrades will be the input shaft, clutch, and flywheel…I doubt it happens this winter due to money (FJB). My car is a fun street car that never sees the track so the current setup will probably last a while.

03' White Snake

Established Member
My axles are stock. My input shaft is still stock. I still run the Exedy Mach 600 clutch. If I ever plan on “upgrading” the rear end it will get a built solid axle…which means the rear end will be stock until I come into some money, which will never happen.

My next line of upgrades will be the input shaft, clutch, and flywheel…I doubt it happens this winter due to money (FJB). My car is a fun street car that never sees the track so the current setup will probably last a while.
I also run stock axles, but I am running a magnum though. Upgraded ones are not really worth the hassle they cause. I have all the FTBR bushings, mounts, braces etc.

I've snapped 2 axles years ago at the track on DR's, rolling out at 2500 rpm and the car moved a foot.... boom. both snapped. No issues since and I am making way more power (230 more hp) now than I was then too.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I should have added...I also have poly cradle bushings, poly upper and lower control arms bushings, billet aluminum rear brace with delrin bushings, poly front diff buhsings, poly sway bar end links, etc....it's not the best-of-the-best FTBR stuff but its way better than stock.

Arch-enemy

Established Member
I also run stock axles, but I am running a magnum though. Upgraded ones are not really worth the hassle they cause. I have all the FTBR bushings, mounts, braces etc.

I've snapped 2 axles years ago at the track on DR's, rolling out at 2500 rpm and the car moved a foot.... boom. both snapped. No issues since and I am making way more power (230 more hp) now than I was then too.
When you snapped your axels. Was that before you put in the FTB bushings or after? I already have the kit on my car

03' White Snake

Established Member
When you snapped your axels. Was that before you put in the FTB bushings or after? I already have the kit on my car
I was running all the FTBR bushings. Car didn't even wheel hop. It dead hooked and boom they snapped. Mine broke at the fat part of the axle, not the outer or inner CV. The inner and outer CV's is where most people break the axles.

Users who are viewing this thread