E85 and Eliminator Fuel Pump

CamCobra10

Established Member
Doing a build, power to the tires will be in the 800-900 range, switching to E85, will the Aeromotive Eliminator fuel pump be enough to handle the power it's going to make.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
in short I highly doubt it.. I'm switching to E85 right now and I threw a BAP on my A1000.. I don't think that the Eliminator pump can flow that much more than the A1000.. I think they rate it at like 25% more.. Also think about this.. You need 30% more fuel for E85 give or take.. and they rate their fuel pumps at flywheel HP not rwhp.. I'd be willing to bet it'll give out at around 800rwhp on corn.. Throw a BAP and you're golden.. Or get a Weldon :)

CamCobra10

Established Member
in short I highly doubt it.. I'm switching to E85 right now and I threw a BAP on my A1000.. I don't think that the Eliminator pump can flow that much more than the A1000.. I think they rate it at like 25% more.. Also think about this.. You need 30% more fuel for E85 give or take.. and they rate their fuel pumps at flywheel HP not rwhp.. I'd be willing to bet it'll give out at around 800rwhp on corn.. Throw a BAP and you're golden.. Or get a Weldon :)
that's where i misread, thought that was rwhp from aeromotive...right now i'm guesstimating where my power levels should be depending on the tune/boost/cams on the new motor....how soon are you going E85 route

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
I'm already done, just waiting on the tune portion.. Hopefully in the next 2 weeks I'll have new numbers.. I'm building a E85 thread now.

Users who are viewing this thread