E58 in a cobra?

rob10s2

SVT Wannabe
Established Member
i was pondering today, is there a way to run E85 in a cobra? :shrug: obviously you would need larger injectors upgraded fuel system blah blah but that stuff is like 105 octane. i might call up anderson ford, lucky me im 30 mins away! :banana:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
there is. I believe mm&ff did an article on it where they did the conversion to an 03 Cobra. Not worth it in IMO. Yes its 110 octane but the entire concept of using E85 in place of gasoline is rediculous. It requires way more miles per gallon and no matter what, we will never be able to grow enough corn to supply even half of the gas stations in the U.S. with an E85 pump. And thats only if no one ate any corn! Sorry just my 2 cents. From a performance stand point it makes some sense because it is 110 octane.

Toasty

Established Member
All our 94 Octane up here in Canuckistan is a Gasoline-Ethanol blend (out west anyways - Sunoco and Husky Stations). I think its up to 10% ethanol in the blend to get the slightly higher octane without requiring changes to the fuel system. Been this way for years.

According to my tuner, there are some slight changes to AF ratio and timing that he does for the 94 octane ethanol blend.

Users who are viewing this thread