e-fan question

operator1391

Established Member
do any of you guys have an LFP/jdm e-fan with a different wire harness and if so what kind of harness, I have search on here but dont know were buy the harnesses that some of you are talking about or what they are called :shrug:

tallfreak

Just a newb
Established Member
I have a JDM fan and when the controller quit working I went with Mad Enterprises. That was about a year ago and no problems yet.

http://www.madenterprise.com/F150.htm

Mike Dunn is probably the best customer service you will find. I was having a problem with my fan motor after I bought his controller. I called him up and he walked me through it for about an hour on a Saturday. Turns out my resistor was missing from my fan and it burned up my JDM controller.

operator1391

Established Member
I have a JDM fan and when the controller quit working I went with Mad Enterprises. That was about a year ago and no problems yet.

http://www.madenterprise.com/F150.htm

Mike Dunn is probably the best customer service you will find. I was having a problem with my fan motor after I bought his controller. I called him up and he walked me through it for about an hour on a Saturday. Turns out my resistor was missing from my fan and it burned up my JDM controller.

on your Mad controller did it come with a some sort of temp prob that tell the fan to turn on, also do you have a manual switch on the controller

tallfreak

Just a newb
Established Member
on your Mad controller did it come with a some sort of temp prob that tell the fan to turn on, also do you have a manual switch on the controller

Yes. It came with a temp probe and a surface temp sensor that went in the fins of the either the condenser or the radiator. I can't remember which one went where now. The Madfan Controller has a place to connect 12VDC to one of the relays to manually run the fan on high speed. I ran an 18 gauge wire to constant power, through a small switch under my dash and back to the controller.

operator1391

Established Member
ohh okk got it, clear as mud J/K seams a little complicated but with your help I think I going to be alright thanks for the info

tallfreak

Just a newb
Established Member
It is really simple. If you want to go with a Madfan Controller. Call Mike Dunn sometime and talk to him. He will set you straight.

Thunder Bolt

AKA Ron's Bolt!
Established Member
I have the JDM fan set-up as well. As far as I know this kit doesn't have a controller.

image.php

operator1391

Established Member
what all do you have to remove as far as the stock fan, of course the fan but what bout the pullie

gamudslinger88

Established Member
You can jump the relay on the controller/relay and not have to run another power source. He explains it in his instructions he sends with the kit. Very easy setup. I am 100% pleased with my MAD fan.

operator1391

Established Member
You can jump the relay on the controller/relay and not have to run another power source. He explains it in his instructions he sends with the kit. Very easy setup. I am 100% pleased with my MAD fan.

ohh ok what about the stock fan what needs to come out

Robert Francis

Established Member
The "pulley" they're referring to is on the water pump. When you install an e-fan you're replacing the mechanical fan, but you still have to have the pulley the mechanical fan bolted to, to drive the water pump.

TXSVT1

Established Member

New Page 1

I'am wondering I have the flex a lite fans and I don't like the controller that it comes with bc I keep burning the fuses. i was wondering if the mad enterprises controller would work with my set up????

tallfreak

Just a newb
Established Member
I'am wondering I have the flex a lite fans and I don't like the controller that it comes with bc I keep burning the fuses. i was wondering if the mad enterprises controller would work with my set up????

I don't know. You should call him and find out. I am sure he can come up with something for you.

Users who are viewing this thread