E Boost 2 Quesiton

JDL0812

Established Member
I have a 2013 GT with on 3 Performance Twin Kit. I put a Hallmans manual boost controller on to get 8.5 PSI, At high RPM's its falling off to 7.2 PSI. So, I got an E Boost 2, will I need to hook up the yellow RPM wire to hold 8.5 PSI? Also, for a clean install, where is everyone hooking up the red ignition wire and yellow RPM wire? I plan on using Twin Port, single solenoid, twin turbo, connection method 1. Is this correct? Kit has 5 lb springs and 6.5 PSI with very little boost drop off without controller.

ajpturbo

Established Member
I have a 2013 GT with on 3 Performance Twin Kit. I put a Hallmans manual boost controller on to get 8.5 PSI, At high RPM's its falling off to 7.2 PSI. So, I got an E Boost 2, will I need to hook up the yellow RPM wire to hold 8.5 PSI? Also, for a clean install, where is everyone hooking up the red ignition wire and yellow RPM wire? I plan on using Twin Port, single solenoid, twin turbo, connection method 1. Is this correct? Kit has 5 lb springs and 6.5 PSI with very little boost drop off without controller.

It takes some playing around with but I don't use the yellow wire I have a fairly decent flat boost curve...You can change it with the sensitivity of the Eboost 2 I think...I run between 5.5 and 8 psi but I have 3psi springs in my gates

JDL0812

Established Member
Ok I have it on now and have some questions about the settings. Trying for 8.5# duty is at 27 sensitivity at 20 gate pressure at 1. Its going between 8 and 8.6 lbs and it spikes 9.1. It was spiking 9.7 with gp at 3.5 . Was wondering what guys with similar set ups were setting the gp and sensitivity at.

ajpturbo

Established Member
I have (2) 4 port solenoids so I may be different than you but I have duty cycle at 18 and sensitivity at 20 and I run 7.5-8 psi with gate at 3.5 with 3 psi springs...At 0 duty cycle I run 5.5-6 psi

JDL0812

Established Member
So put it on the dyno today and eboost is off when it reads psi. It show 8.5 but only 6 On the dynos boost gauge. I knowo he dyno is right because my hp was down. Put it to 9.5 So the dynos would get 8 and hp back up. Also after BAP was installed I am getting idle surge but only some times.

ajpturbo

Established Member
I had Hellion put the MAF block in the pipe just before the throttle body and blocked off the intercooler location. I'm not sure the dimension.

My eboost and autometer boost gauge are less than a pound different...Are you getting your boost reference from? the compressor or closer to the intake manifold? There will be a difference.

What makes you think the BAP is causing your idle surge? I didn't notice that. But I'm using a Kenne Bell BAP set at 70 all the time with no Hobbs.

JDL0812

Established Member
Boost references where taken from the same vacuum tee so they should have mached. As for the idle surge it happen right after the boosta pump install. Could be a coincidence

ajpturbo

Established Member
Not sure the specifics of your setup but there is an intank regulator that's 55 psi for a stock fuel system. If you have your BAP running all the time and at full blast then you may be overcoming the regulator and fuel pressure could be creeping up which could be the cause of your surging. Unless you are logging fuel pressure you will never know for sure.

I have my BAP hard wired and running all the time but I only have it set to 70. I have a electric fuel pressure sensor in the rail and I grabbed the signal wire and set up the equation and logged in live link. I have 55psi all the time at idle and part throttle.. BUt falls to the mid 40's in boost above 5k rpm's

Users who are viewing this thread