E-85 tune vs 93 octane tune

01bluesnake

Established Member
Without getting to in depth. More power, cooler burning, higher octane, no knock, and cheaper than 93 octane. Just need a tuner who can tune it and a fuel system capable of supporting it.

ViciousJay

Established Member
there are so many places out by me that has E85.... i want it so bad but if i were to dirve 30 miles out i might be SOL

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
I know my buddy with a 2012 auto GT with a 2.9 whipple and E85 said he gets over 20mph on the highway still.

Bud

Established Member
20mph? Dang that's movin out....:poke:

I've been 30mph...sometimes I get crazy like that :D

On topic, e85 is awesome, even NA it might get you some benefits from being less det prone. If you live near it I'd run it, just get a gas tune and keep the sct in the car in case you ever need it.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
I'm sure the intake tract stays pretty clean on E85 with these engines. My last pushrod motor was on corn, under the throttle body the plenum floor looked like it had a brown sugar coating after a while. The pistons carboned up about the same as on gasoline.

RMoore92

Established Member
Can anyone answer how much the stock fuel system can hold if you are tuned to support e85?

As far as I remember, was it 60-80% more fuel capacity required over 91 octane?

Shaun@AED

I've logged roughly 46% more fuel required for E85 on my Coyote at WOT. 36-38% more cruising around town.

NOGI88

Established Member
What kind of fuel mods do u need for a basic bolt car to fun e85? Also, is there justifiable gains to be had on a bolt on car?

Shaun@AED

Great, are you able to answer my questions regarding how far you can push the stock fuel system while using e85?

Stock pump is fine for all-motor E85.
BAP + stock pump has been pushed to nearly 700RWHP on E85.
Stock injectors will NOT support E85 even on a stock motor. They're simply too small.
47lb injectors or ID's are required before I will do an E85 tune.

12-13hp gained on the dyno, .1-.15 ET and 1-1.5MPH in the 1/4.
The main benefit is the high octane + the cooling effect of the fuel. We can go very aggressive with the tune.

Last edited:

alex12gt

Established Member
Stock pump is fine for all-motor E85.
BAP + stock pump has been pushed to nearly 700RWHP on E85.
Stock injectors will NOT support E85 even on a stock motor. They're simply too small.
47lb injectors or ID's are required before I will do an E85 tune.

12-13hp gained on the dyno, .1-.15 ET and 1-1.5MPH in the 1/4.
The main benefit is the high octane + the cooling effect of the fuel. We can go very aggressive with the tune.

shooting you a pm

RSKtakR

Established Member
I ran E85 on stock injectors and fuel system with a certain shops tune, the car ran damn good. I decided to have Shaun @ AED do my tunes, and he required that I step up to 47's so I did.. car ran like a bat our of hell with his E85 tune. AED FTW its worth every penny and great support!

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
I ran E85 on stock injectors and fuel system with a certain shops tune, the car ran damn good. I decided to have Shaun @ AED do my tunes, and he required that I step up to 47's so I did.. car ran like a bat our of hell with his E85 tune. AED FTW its worth every penny and great support!

what kind of #'s did it lay down? What times are you running at the track?

Users who are viewing this thread