E-85 just arrived in my town, whats best options for me go with my setup

JAYSVT06

Established Member
E-85 just got put in down the road from me finally!, Id love to switch and turn up the boost, but I don't have a return style fuel system, but I seen others running E85 on a similar setup as mine.what would be the least expensive and best route to go,

I have the following
Stock modified hat, Twin GT 40 pumps, twin fuel pump driver modules, wire upgrade etc, and 63lb injectors

Could i possibly get a better hat, upgrade the fuel line and fuel rails, and 80lb injectors and run e 85? Seen another person running sumthen like that.

I want to hit close to or at 700rear hp, throw a 2.75 pulley on my 2.3 whipple and stock lower.
Currently on 3.0 upper. Also have longtubes and no cats.
Any input would be appreciated.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
With a Whipple .... I'd go with a return style fuel system!! .... I was just about max'd out with the E-85 and my old POSI Ported Eaton - GT Supercar Pumps & BAP!!

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
As these guys said, go return style and be done with it.

We've got two options that you can go with:
Lethal Performance 99-04 SN95 1000+rwhp Return Style Fuel System

or

Lethal Performance 99-04 SN95 1400+rwhp Return Style Fuel System

These are complete systems minus the injectors. With what you're expecting, the 80's should be ok. If you end up making some more power than that you may have to bump it up to something like the Bosch 105's. Keep in mind, that e85 is going to require about 30% more fuel over regular octane. With that being said, both those systems are not only e85 approved, but are rated at pump gas power. The 1000 kit will support right around 700rwhp on e85, and the 1400 kit is just shy of 1000. If I were you, I'd probably lean towards the 1400 kit. This way, not only do you have even more room to grow, but you're not at the pumps limit all the time. You're right on that cusp - so that's your call.

Either way - give me a call when you're ready. All of the kits are now standard with PTFE (Teflon coated) hose so you're guaranteed not to have any fuel smell, and I'll get you a solid out the door price, along with the free shipping.

Any other questions, let us know!

JAYSVT06

Established Member
I figured id have to just go on and do a return setup! thanks we may be in touch soon!:rockon:

As these guys said, go return style and be done with it.

We've got two options that you can go with:
Lethal Performance 99-04 SN95 1000+rwhp Return Style Fuel System

or

Lethal Performance 99-04 SN95 1400+rwhp Return Style Fuel System

These are complete systems minus the injectors. With what you're expecting, the 80's should be ok. If you end up making some more power than that you may have to bump it up to something like the Bosch 105's. Keep in mind, that e85 is going to require about 30% more fuel over regular octane. With that being said, both those systems are not only e85 approved, but are rated at pump gas power. The 1000 kit will support right around 700rwhp on e85, and the 1400 kit is just shy of 1000. If I were you, I'd probably lean towards the 1400 kit. This way, not only do you have even more room to grow, but you're not at the pumps limit all the time. You're right on that cusp - so that's your call.

Either way - give me a call when you're ready. All of the kits are now standard with PTFE (Teflon coated) hose so you're guaranteed not to have any fuel smell, and I'll get you a solid out the door price, along with the free shipping.

Any other questions, let us know!

Danno44

Squatchin
Established Member
I have a similar setup to you with the addition of -8 feed line, Fore hat, Bap, and 80s. I run a 2.75 upper and 4lb lower on a gen 1 2.3. No issues here other than traction.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yep just go return.. Lethal has some nice kits!! I actually did mine on my own and built my own setup.. I may have saved a few hundred bucks but since I don't have a 04 Cobra tank I opted for a external pump..

The in the tank pumps are really nice!! Especially the 465 pumps

JAYSVT06

Established Member
I have a similar setup to you with the addition of -8 feed line, Fore hat, Bap, and 80s. I run a 2.75 upper and 4lb lower on a gen 1 2.3. No issues here other than traction.

All id have todo is just buy the fuel line, and hat, and a bap, sell my old injectors and hat. Since a full return kit is almost 2 grand time i buy 105lb injectors. I could do this reasonable price...

how much boost you seeing?? i dont wanna do to much but i have a gen 1 as well i currently see bout 17-17.5 psi now on a 3inch upper no cats n longtubes

Last edited:

willis414

Established Member
I made very safe 720rwhp on e85, still returnless.
-Fore hat
-twin GT pumps
-twin FPDM's
-Kenny Bell boost-a-pump
-wiring upgrade
-80lb injectors

JAYSVT06

Established Member
awesome good deal!!
Around 22
thanks id like be right at 21 or so

I made very safe 720rwhp on e85, still returnless.
-Fore hat
-twin GT pumps
-twin FPDM's
-Kenny Bell boost-a-pump
-wiring upgrade
-80lb injectors

Sweet i think this is the route im gonna go, seems be cheapest n most affordable its a weekend driver or play car, and 700hp all i need lol.
SO all i have to do is get a fore hat and boost a pump. and sell my injectors for some 80's:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread