E-85, cobra basket sucked dry?

fly boy

Established Member
I am running triple FORE return pump setup in a 03 cobra tank. The problem that I have come across is sucking the fuel basket dry. Has anyone else had this issue and if so what to do to fix issue? I did a gas tune on same day and was fine. So everything is working fine mechanically.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Never heard of this issue. A full tank of fuel is a full tank of fuel. It doesn't know what kind of fuel it is pumping. :shrug:

I would suspect something else going wrong.

fly boy

Established Member
e-85

We are figuring the pumps are to close to bottom of basket to draw enough e-85. Plenty of cobra tanks out there in higher hp cars on E-85, so tank should not be an issue.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Did you have enough fuel in the tank to keep the pumps from fuel washing. (fuel sloshes to back of tank and pumps pick up air)
I know on my Lightning I have to have at least 1/2 tank of race fuel, or the pumps will wash out when I launch.

fly boy

Established Member
e-85

You mean too close to bottom of the tank??

Yeah that is what I meant, cobra fuel basket is welded to bottom of the tank. The gt tanks with cobra pump setup are good for sloshing. Before I got my cobra tank, fuel level needed to be at least 1/2 tank for aggressive driving. I had this threads particular issue on the dyno. So even with cobra baffled tank the fuel is not moving much if at all.

Users who are viewing this thread