Dynoed With 2.8, Steg Stage Iv, 460rwhp...

WDW MKR

Established Member
What's the difference if you have the bypass lines rerouted for the mechanical fix, as well as having it turned off in the tune? What is the reason for not messing with the vacuum lines? I have mine swapped around from back in the day, but my tune also turns it off.

99SVTcobraVERT

Stiegemeier said:
Give us a call tomorrow morning I can have one of the techs or Bob get on the phone and explain this much better than by typing it. It is important and a pretty simple procedure. :thumbsup:
Thanks
Robyn
636-949-2275
i will call in when i get a chance next thanks. and robyn i got an email from you guys saying i won some drawing and i was going to get some freebies in the mail and never did? ? ?

dynobobstieg

blown04vert said:
i will call in when i get a chance next thanks. and robyn i got an email from you guys saying i won some drawing and i was going to get some freebies in the mail and never did? ? ?

I will talk with the girls in the office and see what is up with that.

Machinator

Banned
Getting the stock blower ported is a HUGE waste of money, if you ever watch 2 cobras race with basically equal mods and drivers of the same skill with the exception of one of them has a ported blower the ported car might if its lucky pull half a car length on the other. From a dig it will be a dead heat because of the inherent torque loss of the ported stock blower. I have had all combos including unported, ported and now twin screw........geuss which one wins hands down. Dont waste your money on the port just get the twin screw.

99SVTcobraVERT

i have seen dyno sheets that show gains across whole power band with steig new IV port and i dont see how gaining 10-15 average and 45-50rwhp can make any race with another car be half car. now what might have happened was the unported car was running a stupid big crank pulley and smaller upper and was making crazy tq bottom end and the ported car might have been running larger upper, and smaller lower or vice versa. either way the ported one is more efficient, cheap and not harmful. how can you say anything bad about the steig port. 500 bucks for 40-50rwhp that unless you tell someone they dont even know you got.

IMPORTSMOKER

Established Member
Machinator said:
Getting the stock blower ported is a HUGE waste of money, if you ever watch 2 cobras race with basically equal mods and drivers of the same skill with the exception of one of them has a ported blower the ported car might if its lucky pull half a car length on the other. From a dig it will be a dead heat because of the inherent torque loss of the ported stock blower. I have had all combos including unported, ported and now twin screw........geuss which one wins hands down. Dont waste your money on the port just get the twin screw.
i didn't lose any torque....

04svtdriver

I need another sports car
Established Member
I thought the Hi RPM boost loss was normal ops for the HEATON?? Am I wrong. DO I have a problem?? I only see about 12.5 PSI with a 2.76" HMM Do I have a problem someone with answers please PM me

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
Machinator said:

funny that you mention heat in your post, because that is one of the benefits of the port......LESS HEAT POST-INTERCOOLER

it's always easy to spend other people's money, isn't it? :poke:

Machinator

Banned
JB said:
funny that you mention heat in your post, because that is one of the benefits of the port......LESS HEAT POST-INTERCOOLER

it's always easy to spend other people's money, isn't it? :poke:

A ported eaton DOES NOT run any cooler, are you retarded? IAT2's did not change. A ported eaton may dyno 40 or so more rwhp on a dyno where there is an open hood and a fan but in the world of racing where the hood is closed and you are full throttle for several gears there is no credible gain. You want to insult me? Then I have a challenge for you, go make three back to back dyno pulls with a ported eaton and see what the boost discharge temps are and how much timeing it will pull and how the result will be much and I mean much lower power on the third pull. I resently did this with my whipple my car only pulled .5 degree of timeing and was only down 13 rwhp from the first pull, all pulls were done back to back with no cooling. You will not see anything like this with an eaton ported or not. On the other hand the eaton under a like test lost 52 rwhp and pulled 4.5 degrees of timeing. Dont insult me I know far more than you do.
Scott

P.S Hey pal in no place did I mention heat in my post I said the race between a ported and unported eaton wood end up in a " dead heat"!

Last edited:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
you must lead a sheltered life if you think that was an insult

OMG....that last P.S. shows your comprehension level quite well

and I'm sure you do know more than I do :thumbsup:

Last edited:

03WetSnake

All Or Nothing!!!
Established Member
Yea I have noticed with my lightning force performance port, on the dyno, after 5000rpm my HP slowly fell off and the Torque was about level. I finally put a boost gauge on mine and i was only making 15 to 16 lbs. when i had it dynoed it pulled 18lbs, and fell off as well. My mods are

JLT CAI, LFP Port, 2.8 upper, LFP 2lb lower, Sct-BIG-Air MaF,kenneBell BoostaPump, SLP xpipe, and catback. Sct Tune by Dynospeed,100mm steeda idler,straight axle, 4.10s. boost mod mech done, and by tune!! My numbers are 465RWHP-508RWTQ, 3800lb, Vert!!

horsepower is low????? Track times are on slicks 1.57-60ft,,7.17@96,1/8th,,919@115mph,1000ft.

C55AMG

Established Member
Machinator said:
Getting the stock blower ported is a HUGE waste of money, if you ever watch 2 cobras race with basically equal mods and drivers of the same skill with the exception of one of them has a ported blower the ported car might if its lucky pull half a car length on the other. From a dig it will be a dead heat because of the inherent torque loss of the ported stock blower. I have had all combos including unported, ported and now twin screw.........

hmm tell that to my friends 03 that walked me from the get, from 80 he put 3-4 cars by 110...if i kept going it would have gotten real bad...oh well he does run 0.5 sec faster and trap about 7 mph higher

his 2.8 vs my 2.76

of course any twin screw would be better, but a ported blower does help. Or else no one would be buying them.

Machinator

Banned
C55AMG said:
hmm tell that to my friends 03 that walked me from the get, from 80 he put 3-4 cars by 110...if i kept going it would have gotten real bad...oh well he does run 0.5 sec faster and trap about 7 mph higher

his 2.8 vs my 2.76

of course any twin screw would be better, but a ported blower does help. Or else no one would be buying them.

I had a ported eaton ok! I can also drive with the very best and I am tired of bench racing. I race anyone, all I ask is that we take it to a track because I like to post a time slip after laying the smackdown on somebody. If people believe in the ported eaton thing so much why arent there a plethura of 9 sec ported/ sprayed heatons? The answer is that it just doesnt displace enough. I am not a fan of kb but I am probably about to by a kb 2.8 because they are producing tracktimes that even I cant deny. The whole reason behind this is the massive amount of air they are able to move.

PLATIADO

Established Member
^^ This guy may have a point, There is people here with ported chargers that are not making the power they were told including myself! don't want to start any trouble but that's the truth.

99SVTcobraVERT

plat, exceptions to rules always exsist. but thats all it is, there are more people making the power that they were told they would as well. and there arent a crap load of ported sprayed 9 sec eaton cars because its easier and less stress to upgrade to a more efficient power adder like KB, whipple or even turbo. there are ,however, a lot of low low 11 sec and mid to high 10 sec ported eatons running around. for some guys that is enough. my opinion, nothing is ever enough....

Tom's_03SVT

Established Member
Turkish said:
#'s are low without the port.

a 2.80 pulley usually nets about 450-460RW on 91 octane fuel. the torque looks a little low to me. With that pulley torque should be 470-85.

Tom

WDW MKR

Established Member
Machinator said:
I had a ported eaton ok! I can also drive with the very best and I am tired of bench racing. I race anyone, all I ask is that we take it to a track because I like to post a time slip after laying the smackdown on somebody. If people believe in the ported eaton thing so much why arent there a plethura of 9 sec ported/ sprayed heatons? The answer is that it just doesnt displace enough. I am not a fan of kb but I am probably about to by a kb 2.8 because they are producing tracktimes that even I cant deny. The whole reason behind this is the massive amount of air they are able to move.

Track times shouldn't matter if the KB is as big of a pile of shit as you've been preaching forever. How can you even publicly mention buying a KB after you've spent the recent history interjecting nothing but trash about KB in every thread you saw the opportunity?

Machinator

Banned
WDW MKR said:
Track times shouldn't matter if the KB is as big of a pile of shit as you've been preaching forever. How can you even publicly mention buying a KB after you've spent the recent history interjecting nothing but trash about KB in every thread you saw the opportunity?

I had a reason. Plain and simple, I cant argue with the results that the new 2.8 is putting out. Apparently the 2.8 is not the peice of crap the 2.2 was, it sprayed oil everywhere etc. I need to flow more air and they have the charger I need.

C55AMG

Established Member
IMPORTSMOKER, you should try Greg @ RET in Downey. He'll give you a custom tune that should bring your numbers where they should be.

04MC

Established Member
Ok ... I have talked to SEVERAL WELL KNOWN tuners and they all say "porting is very inconsistent" Enough said for me.

I am getting a twin screw soon.

Users who are viewing this thread