Dynoed the Snake Yesterday!

LaserRedSnake

LTHLBITE
Established Member
Went to the Carolina Rides Dyno Day at Custom Performance in NC yesterday and im pretty impressed....The car untuned w/ the mod in the sig. put down 293/285. The a/f ratio was about 12.1 at 6 grand so it has lots of room to grow and with a tune Dan says he can prob get me somewhere in the 305-310 range at the wheels! :rockon: :beer:
chart13yy.jpg

chart24yf.jpg

cobraboy169

Speed. . . My Anti-Drug
Established Member
those are some good numbers. hopefully that tne will put you over 300 hp. what is a spec stage 1? is it cams, or intake? it doesn't say. now you need to head to the track. you should run close to 12.8-12.9. defintiely under 13s

LaserRedSnake

LTHLBITE
Established Member
I'm waiting on some more funds to get the Steeda UD pullies, swap the 3:73's out for 4:30's and get the tune...then we'll see what she'll do at the track!

mystic1219

Established Member
Nice numbers. With mods in my sig I got 286/284, so I am thinking of doing headers to try to hit 300. I ran a 13.459 my first time out to the track in a while and feel I can improve some (I was on 32psi street tires). So you should definatly be in the real low 13s if not 12s. I have a buddy with similar mods but 4.30s and Im not to impressed with them. If I were replacing stock gears I would go 4.10s, but I wouldnt bother swaping my 3.73s. I have drove his car alot, and we have ran several times and I win 90% of the time (going from a roll). off the line he cant hook and then has to shift too fast with the low gears. Just my .02

crystal_SVT

Established Member
mystic1219 said:
Nice numbers. With mods in my sig I got 286/284, so I am thinking of doing headers to try to hit 300. I ran a 13.459 my first time out to the track in a while and feel I can improve some (I was on 32psi street tires). So you should definatly be in the real low 13s if not 12s. I have a buddy with similar mods but 4.30s and Im not to impressed with them. If I were replacing stock gears I would go 4.10s, but I wouldnt bother swaping my 3.73s. I have drove his car alot, and we have ran several times and I win 90% of the time (going from a roll). off the line he cant hook and then has to shift too fast with the low gears. Just my .02

weird that you say that about the gears cuz ive riden in my buddies 96 with 3.73's an could feel a huge diff when driven my car with 4.30's. i think butt O meter isnt workin properly.

mystic1219

Established Member
You can feel a big diffrence. You have to shift alot faster (earlier). When we go from say a 50 roll both in 4th, obviously he pulls on me if we start in the same gear. But at any given speed, in no particular gear (usually I can start off 1 gear lower) I can pull on him. If you are on the track alot then a 4.10, 4.30 or even lower gear would be good, but on the street I am very pleased with a 3.73, or a 4.10 would be nice. With my 3.73s 70mph in 5th is about 2200rpms

LaserRedSnake

LTHLBITE
Established Member
Yea I can see where certain gears on the street from diff. rolls would be the car/driver but I'm wanting that seat of the pants feeling! I honestly might go w/ 4:10's just simply because im undecided as to whether I'm gonna go w/ a blower or nitrous yet. I know 4:30's would be ok for NOS but I dont wanna lose mid-high range w/ a blower so I think 4:10's would be the best bet so I dont have to change again! Thanks for the imput though guys...feel free to lend anymore constructive criticism

cobraboy169

Speed. . . My Anti-Drug
Established Member
LaserRedSnake said:
Yea I can see where certain gears on the street from diff. rolls would be the car/driver but I'm wanting that seat of the pants feeling! I honestly might go w/ 4:10's just simply because im undecided as to whether I'm gonna go w/ a blower or nitrous yet. I know 4:30's would be ok for NOS but I dont wanna lose mid-high range w/ a blower so I think 4:10's would be the best bet so I dont have to change again! Thanks for the imput though guys...feel free to lend anymore constructive criticism

i have nos and i also have 4.10s and it is not too bad. on the track with MT drags first gear is real quick but after that it's not too bad. on the street in 5th gear at 75mps in rollin at 2500 or so. it's really not that bad. i still get about 20 mpg on the highway. i think that 4.30s or 4.56s would be too much. just for me that's my feelings

LaserRedSnake

LTHLBITE
Established Member
I thought about it and I'm prob just gonna with 4:10's just because im unsure of the power adder so far and don't wanna have to change it out if I get a blower.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
LaserRedSnake said:
I know 4:30's would be ok for NOS but I dont wanna lose mid-high range w/ a blower so I think 4:10's would be the best bet so I dont have to change again!

You won't lose any mid-high range with steeper gears. You may run out of rpm at the end of the quarter but definitely not power.

Users who are viewing this thread