Dynoed the snake... opinions on what's next.

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
I dynoed the Cobra yesterday to see what kind of numbers she would put down since I had the blower ported.

The car made 503rwhp & 504rwtq in 97f+ degree temps. :banana:
I want to get opinions on what to do next....
If I were to go twin screw would I just need injectors and a BAP/GT pumps along with a tune, or should I be upgrading any other areas in terms of fuel/supporting mods?

Here is a list of my mods:
Stg. IV Blower, TB, Plenum Port
2.80'' Pulley
2lb. Metco Lower
MAFia
Predator-Tuned by: AMAZON RACING
Magnaflow C/B
O/R Prochamber
K&N FIPK
Centerforce Clutch
MGW Shifter
LFP H/E
Steeda Double Hook Quadrant
LDC Free play kit
Fiore Firewall Adjuster

Thx guys! :beer:

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
you need to take ur car to levin motorsports and have him set you up with your goal...i will put his knowledge and skills against anyone in the business especially his tuning

Alb Cobra

Established Member
If you go with GT pumps get a Fore Hat and run dual FPDM's. This option is adds up but fuel upgrades tend to do so.

If you want to run E85 you will need a boost a pump, GT pumps, and 80 lb injectors.

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
Thx for the feedback guys.

Kingcobra87- yes it's a mail order tune from Amazon Racing. I'm thinking about upgrading the SCT and having a local tuner set up my future tunes.

Antiheightpunk- You're talking about Doug Levin? If so he is only a mile from my house, but I didn't know he tunes mustangs at all. I though he was only into Vipers/Lambos... I'll have to check him out. I assume you're happy with his work? Does he use SCT?

Alb Cobra- Ok so dual GT pumps, Fore fuel hat, and dual FPDMs. Is there any benefit to that setup over simply running 60lb injectors and say 2 BAPs? I don't plan on running e85. I figure fuel alone is going to run close to $1k alone so I want to make sure I'll be set with that. My goal for now is to have a car capable of producing 600rwhp via a twin screw.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Keep em coming! :beer:

Avispa

Established Member

Alb Cobra

Established Member
well i personally have never ran a bap with stock pumps. my suggestion for the fore hat and fpdms is from personal experience. i did gt pumps in the stock hat and one of my fuel lines split engine ran lean and melted a piston. had to trade my turbo setup for a used stock engine and a ported blower. the extra 900$ up front would have saved me a 7000$ custom turbo set up.
might want to get the fuel line upgrade kit from leathal too. all of this stuff is very easy to install on your own as well.

knowfreed0m

Blown Is Better
Established Member
Last edited:

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
something that everyone ALWAYS overlooks. when you have power you NEED SUSPENSION to plant it to the ground, or it's all just a waste when you go to nail the throttle and you're just smoking tires. i know people with 400hp cars running faster then guys with 700hp cars b/c the suspension isn't up to par.

Alb Cobra

Established Member
yeah you can get all the stuff from leathal pm me and i cause i cant start a pm from my phone.....i know gay....

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
Thx for the feedback guys.

Kingcobra87- yes it's a mail order tune from Amazon Racing. I'm thinking about upgrading the SCT and having a local tuner set up my future tunes.

Antiheightpunk- You're talking about Doug Levin? If so he is only a mile from my house, but I didn't know he tunes mustangs at all. I though he was only into Vipers/Lambos... I'll have to check him out. I assume you're happy with his work? Does he use SCT?

Alb Cobra- Ok so dual GT pumps, Fore fuel hat, and dual FPDMs. Is there any benefit to that setup over simply running 60lb injectors and say 2 BAPs? I don't plan on running e85. I figure fuel alone is going to run close to $1k alone so I want to make sure I'll be set with that. My goal for now is to have a car capable of producing 600rwhp via a twin screw.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Keep em coming! :beer:

josh levin in tampa florida if you have seen any mofobucs videos he tunes most of the cars on those videos...

Brutal Metal

Established Member
you need to take ur car to levin motorsports and have him set you up with your goal...i will put his knowledge and skills against anyone in the business especially his tuning
Wow that's some SERIOUS high praise for Josh? He helped install my motor, I heard he's decent with Diablo tunes but I wouldn't call him the next Job Spetter! haha! :shrug:

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
Wow that's some SERIOUS high praise for Josh? He helped install my motor, I heard he's decent with Diablo tunes but I wouldn't call him the next Job Spetter! haha! :shrug:

i call it like i see it....i got an amazing tune from him and im changing things up even more...time for another amazing tune!

he had my car running better with 96 LB injectors and an injector driver than it was with 42's

Westbayou

Established Member
Man this thread got my attention. Sounds like I may need to pay Josh a visit. Bought my car with all the same goodies on it, but it is putting down "only" 485/465. With my mods there is no reason I shouldn't be over 500. Gotta be the tune. Sorry for the thread hijack, glad to see there are a bunch of local Cobra owners on here.

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
Man this thread got my attention. Sounds like I may need to pay Josh a visit. Bought my car with all the same goodies on it, but it is putting down "only" 485/465. With my mods there is no reason I shouldn't be over 500. Gotta be the tune. Sorry for the thread hijack, glad to see there are a bunch of local Cobra owners on here.

or the dyno.

Users who are viewing this thread