Dynoed the 04

702lightning

Sck Snake
Established Member
Well i bought my 04 cobra about 2-3 weeks ago brand new. After the break in i went a got it dynoed. Only figure i got was rwhp no tq.

She put down 382 bone stock. Which i think was awsome since i didnt have a cool down at all. I gotta go back since i just put some new mods

Jlt cold air
accufab throttle body w/ plenum
kooks headers
off road x
magnaflow catback
heatexchanger

W/ more mods to come!:beer:

LCCOBRA

Established Member
:shrug: not to offend you but why did you go with headers?? Why not use that money tords a tune and a smaller pulley. But those are really good stock numbers...:rockon: Keep us posted on what she makes after you install everything. btw what heatexchanger did you go with??

702lightning

Sck Snake
Established Member
Well the reason i didnt do the pulley is because im buying a KB here in a week or so. So why bother w/ it now. You know what i mean. I got the JDM heat exchanger. Great stuff from those guys.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by 702lightning
Well i bought my 04 cobra about 2-3 weeks ago brand new. After the break in i went a got it dynoed. Only figure i got was rwhp no tq.

She put down 382 bone stock. Which i think was awsome since i didnt have a cool down at all. I gotta go back since i just put some new mods

Jlt cold air
kooks headers
off road x
magnaflow catback
heatexchanger

Was this a completely stock run, or did you have any of the mods that you listed on?? Just curious... Nice numbers though! :beer:

Was it on a Dynojet?? I made the numbers in my sig on a Mustang dyno

Great job man!! Sounds like you got a helluva car there bro :-D :thumbsup:

Get back to that dyno after you get all the mods on!! I want to see numbers!! :coolman: :rockon: :thumbsup:

P.S. Got any charts and such?? And PLEASE get some TQ measurements next time. I'm curious. :-D

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
those are great #'s:rockon: those are about 10hp above average i think. You got a healthy one.

BTW are those SAE #'s?

702lightning

Sck Snake
Established Member
Yea thats what i think also. The car was completly bone stock. And it was on a dynojet. The temp was 84.46DG. These are std numbers.Thx guys.:beer:

Last edited:

LCCOBRA

Established Member
Well the reason i didnt do the pulley is because im buying a KB here in a week or so. So why bother w/ it now. You know what i mean. I got the JDM heat exchanger. Great stuff from those guys.

:bowdown: KB car's are bad a$$. How much boost do you plan on running? I don't blam ya for not buying pulley's then.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Shanezam203
great #'s man. What is the difference again with the 2 dyno's?
Thanks, Shan

Supposedly, the difference between a Mustang Dynamometer and a Dynojet is that the Mustang Dyno attempts to more accurately represent the loads placed on the car while on the street and thus makes some calculations to adjust the HP/TQ numbers it gives. Dynojets supposedly measure only the amount of power with which the wheels turn the rollers. Therefore, the numbers you get on a Mustang Dyno, as compared to a Dynojet, are usually a bit lower.

But the question is, are they more accurate?? :-D

At least that's the way I've come to understand it. Perhaps I'm wrong?? :shrug:

Big turkey

Established Member
Blk03SVTCobra is right.. pretty much the Mustang is an actual dynonameter, or load dyno, and a Dynojet is an accelerometer. It just measures how fast you can spin the rollers on the dyno.

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
nice numbers......looks like another strong 04 from the factory

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yea thats what i think also. The car was completly bone stock. And it was on a dynojet. The temp was 84.46DG. These are std numbers.Thx guys.:beer:
Ah, STD numbers. So you're really in the average range of 370 SAE. Nice! How do you like the headers? I'll bet they sound sweet. :beer:

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
Nice #'s, congrats. Mine made 372 SAE bone stock with 1000 miles on the clock. Gotta love it.

It's amazing how mod freindly these cars are, even more so when you compare them to other model year Cobra's. I now have the #'s in my sig from just a CAI, catted X pipe & a catback.

DitchTehFish

Established Member

Jlt cold air
kooks headers
off road x
magnaflow catback
heatexchanger

Sweet numbers!:) How many miles were on the clock?

Users who are viewing this thread