dynoed the 03, very happy!

46stang

Established Member
well guys i dynoed my 03 on friday! my only mod is a K&N and removed silencer. it had 1050 miles on it. i got 372rwhp and 366rwtq! it actually spiked to 381rwhp at the very end, but i think that was a glitch because the other 2 pulls were 366rwhp and 369rwhp! these are SAE ##'s. Not bad for stock!:burn:
Here is a link just incase the pic isn't good! my scanner sucks:cuss:

leonstang.msnw

P.S. look at the A/F ratio:eek:
Leon

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
:)

Excellent stock numbers, what happened to your a/f ratio? Looks like a chip would significantly raise the hp?

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Originally posted by T3 Cobra
:)

Excellent stock numbers, what happened to your a/f ratio? Looks like a chip would significantly raise the hp?

Nothing happened to the a/f. That's how they are tuned from the factory if you can believe it. By bringing the a/f curve up to around 12:1 using my MAFterburner PLUS, I picked up over 25rwhp/rwtq over the stock curve from 5000rpm up on my BONE STOCK car. My peak gains were 24.1rwhp.

Mark

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by mjchip

Nothing happened to the a/f. That's how they are tuned from the factory if you can believe it. By bringing the a/f curve up to around 12:1 using my MAFterburner PLUS, I picked up over 25rwhp/rwtq over the stock curve from 5000rpm up on my BONE STOCK car. My peak gains were 24.1rwhp.

Mark

mjchip: since you live in Mass, we should meet up. I am interested in your Mafterburner.

Last edited:

mineral03

Established Member
Thats amazing! What was the ambient temp when you dynoed?? How much time did you alow it to cool down before you dynoed?

a94cobra

Established Member
If we put a mafterburner on a stock vehicle, is there a program setting we can download and load into it without going through the dyno and setup stuff?

Matt03

Established Member
Just to make sure i have this right. You leave the yellow filter in but you remove the black piece of tubing.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Originally posted by Matt03
Just to make sure i have this right. You leave the yellow filter in but you remove the black piece of tubing.

NO, you throw that yellow sucker away and get a K&N and breath better.:-D

The other part you had right tho.......:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread