Dynoe'd the 01 with kb

IZBLOWN

I went to the dyno on saturday and made 3 pulls. The best pull was the second pull, mods are KB@15lbs, Accufab TB, C&L 95mm MAF, JL Tuned chip, 4#lower, 3.2 upper. The best pull was 464.8rwhp and 544.6rwtq. I made another pull with a Reichard Racing 3.00 pulley, which is supposed to be around 17lbs, and actually LOST HP, the guy at the dyno said i was running out of injector looking at the A/F curve. The A/F was fine on all the runs, except it went lean at about 5900, but that doesnt worry me too bad because i dont take the truck that high anyway. Here is the dyno sheet.

Anthony
[email protected]

IZBLOWN

Larry, i can't even describe it! You think boost is great now, this thing gives a whole new meaning to it! Yes, you must have a KB. Even though i lost HP with the smaller pulley, the blower still makes more boost at a lower RPM, so 60' should improve.

Larry, the best part was, when i nailed it on the dyno, the guys that were standing there, had to put their fingers in their ears because the blower was so loud, the sound these KB's make is pure heaven, they couldnt beleive it! You are gonna love yours when you get it!

Anthony

Originally posted by LIGHTNING LARRY
Hey Anthony, so how crazy does the power feel?

Must have KB!
Must have KB!
Must have KB!
Must have KB!:burnout:

I hate to be the asshole here but you start loosing torque way to early. You start loosing torque at 4200 and although you don't loose that much it still drops off. My Eaton was making more torque than that at that RPM and didn't start off until about 4300. Check your fuel filter.

If you look at the torque and the A/F on the same axis, right where you start to go lean you start loosing torque and the leaner you go the more you drop off. You might need a reburn with more fuel in the upper RPM's.

Last edited:

IZBLOWN

I am sending the chip back for a reburn definitely, i dont think you are an asshole at all, just some hints, i noticed that the tq was falling off too in conjunction with the leaner a/f ratio. I do need to change the fuel filter as it hasnt been done for a while, i am going to do that and take it back to a dyno after i do these things to see the changes! Thanks.

Anthony

Originally posted by BLK01L
I am sending the chip back for a reburn definitely, i dont think you are an asshole at all, just some hints, i noticed that the tq was falling off too in conjunction with the leaner a/f ratio. I do need to change the fuel filter as it hasnt been done for a while, i am going to do that and take it back to a dyno after i do these things to see the changes! Thanks.

Anthony
:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread