dynoed stage 4 port today

astippich

Established Member
Steggy stage 4 ported blower/tb/plenum, bf 2.76 + 2lb lower, 60lb injectors, bap, sct2400, k&n fipk, mrt catted h, stingers, LFP HE, brisk 15's with 11000miles on them. Dynoed on dr's
I finally got my cf df clutch broken in and went for a dyno tune today.
I had a very rich tune thrown in for the break in miles. First pull was 485hp and 485tq sae with a 10 or lower af ratio all the way from 2-6000rpm. Next pull was 509hp and 505tq sae with 18 deg timing and af ratio mostly in the 11.6-11.8 range with a few spikes to 12-12.3 in the 3500-4000 and around 5000rmp also. It took several runs to get the af perfect. On the eighth run(all runs made in a 2.5 hr time period) It made 509hp and 506tq sae, heat soaked, w/22.5 degrees of timing and 72 degree air temp. I didn't feel like sticking around to let it fully cool just to make some bigger #'s. My main concern was a nice flat af ratio and great driveability, both were achieved. I would imagine based on the first run I could make better #'s but I'll wait til dyno day this summer at the local tuner. The car has better than stock driveability and feels sick as hell on the street. Thanks to Stiegemeier, and Marv at C&M for all the work on the dyno tune to get it perfect.
I do have one quick question. I'm only seeing 15 lbs of boost on my overlay gage, and this is in 28degree weather. Does that seem low for my combo?

Last edited:

Redfire03

Established Member
Great numbers, just got mine dynoed, with a 2.76 it made 499.7 and 475. with my combo i make about 13-13.5 lbs.

Quick question though, does you blower make a weird noise in between 2500-3000 RPM, that instantly disapears above 3000 RPM? And does it make a slight ticking noise through out the entire RPM range.

Thanks and great numbers!

Joe

astippich

Established Member
Redfire03 said:
Great numbers, just got mine dynoed, with a 2.76 it made 499.7 and 475. with my combo i make about 13-13.5 lbs.

Quick question though, does you blower make a weird noise in between 2500-3000 RPM, that instantly disapears above 3000 RPM? And does it make a slight ticking noise through out the entire RPM range.

Thanks and great numbers!

Joe
I was seeing 13lbs with my 2.76 only

BlackSabbath

Established Member
astippich said:
Steggy stage 4 ported blower/tb/plenum, bf 2.76 + 2lb lower, 60lb injectors, bap, sct2400, k&n fipk, mrt catted h, stingers, LFP HE ...

This will be pretty much my setup in the spring (just a different CAI and catback). Numbers sound very good to me. I'm hoping mine are just as good. Best of luck with it.

dynobobstieg

astippich said:
Steggy stage 4 ported blower/tb/plenum, bf 2.76 + 2lb lower, 60lb injectors, bap, sct2400, k&n fipk, mrt catted h, stingers, LFP HE, brisk 15's with 11000miles on them. Dynoed on dr's
I finally got my cf df clutch broken in and went for a dyno tune today.
I had a very rich tune thrown in for the break in miles. First pull was 485hp and 485tq sae with a 10 or lower af ratio all the way from 2-6000rpm. Next pull was 509hp and 505tq sae with 18 deg timing and af ratio mostly in the 11.6-11.8 range with a few spikes to 12-12.3 in the 3500-4000 and around 5000rmp also. It took several runs to get the af perfect. On the eighth run(all runs made in a 2.5 hr time period) It made 509hp and 506tq sae, heat soaked, w/22.5 degrees of timing and 72 degree air temp. I didn't feel like sticking around to let it fully cool just to make some bigger #'s. My main concern was a nice flat af ratio and great driveability, both were achieved. I would imagine based on the first run I could make better #'s but I'll wait til dyno day this summer at the local tuner. The car has better than stock driveability and feels sick as hell on the street. Thanks to Stiegemeier, and Marv at C&M for all the work on the dyno tune to get it perfect.
I do have one quick question. I'm only seeing 15 lbs of boost on my overlay gage, and this is in 28degree weather. Does that seem low for my combo?

2.76 upper with 2 # Lower -16.5 #s boost.
Can you post the Dyno graph?

astippich

Established Member
I don't have a computer file or a scanner. I'll see if I can get a file from my tuner. There was no sign of belt slip on the dyno graph. I don't know if my gage reads low or what. It is just a ray hilton overlay on the stock gage. It was calibrated when installed 1 year ago.

Last edited:

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
astippich - congrats. What octane were you running, and at what RPM were you making peak power and peak torque? Boost does seem a tad low...does the dyno sheet also tell you the ambient conditions, i.e, not just temp but also pressure and RH?

Redfire03 - Timing? AFR? Octane? RPM at peak power and torque?

Thanks!

ricksterman

Established Member
The boost you see is dependent on elevation. With a Stage4 port and 2.75 upper I see max 11.0-11.25 psi. Then again I am at 5500' elevation.

Redfire03

Established Member
Black2003Cobra said:
Redfire03 - Timing? AFR? Octane? RPM at peak power and torque?

Thanks!

The car was tuned by Mile Hi Dyno, so i do not have any questions about it being the tune. Today i had my son listen to the car while i reved it. He said the the noise sounds like it is coming from the snout of the blower.

Joe

astippich

Established Member
I'll post the rest of the data as soon as I get back to work tomorrow. I was seeing a tad over 15 on the boost gage today but I haven't been over 5000rpm on the street yet, too cold, no traction.

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Redfire03 said:
The car was tuned by Mile Hi Dyno, so i do not have any questions about it being the tune. Today i had my son listen to the car while i reved it. He said the the noise sounds like it is coming from the snout of the blower.

Joe
That's cool, but that's not why I'm asking. I'm just collecting data on the ported Eatons. So if you could share your info, I'd appreciate it.

Redfire03

Established Member
Black2003Cobra said:
That's cool, but that's not why I'm asking. I'm just collecting data on the ported Eatons. So if you could share your info, I'd appreciate it.

Timing: 23
AFR: 12
Octane: 91
RPM at peak power: 6000 RPM - 499.7 HP
Torque: 4000 RPM - 475

Hope that helped alittle bit.

Joe

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
P.S. Forgot to ask. asti and Redfire...this is with stock bottom end, heads, cams, and exhaust manifolds, yes? Thanks again!

astippich

Established Member
I will get my info up tomorrow or monday. Yes this is all stock internals + manifolds through high flow cats.

Users who are viewing this thread