Dyno'd Today - A Little Disappointed.

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
So I went to the Brenspeed Dyno Shootout/open house today. It was a good time with a large turnout! Approx 60 people dyno'd their cars. My mods include a JLT CF intake, FRPP CJ mono-blade , with a Jon Lund tune. The car runs awesome, drivability seems to be unchanged from stock. I absolutely love it from a butt dyno point of view! But I am a little disappointed in the real Dyno numbers, 658 RWHP, 613 RWTQ, compared to the numbers I've seen from just about everyone else here and in the magazines, with similar mods. Now I didn't do a stock baseline pull, so i don't know what the base line numbers are. There was another 2013 there, and he did 604 RWHP bone stock. This is about what I expected, due to conditions being about perfect. 75 degrees, 29.17 in-hg. and 37% Humidity. SAE was 1.01. Smoothing = 5. I just felt mine should have been higher. I ended up with 2nd highest HP to a 2007 800HP Super Snake that pulled 698 RWHP, 610RWtq. It was a Dynojet Dyno. Any comments or ideas?

Video:

Dyno Pull

2012-09-29%2014.39.24.jpg

Last edited:

BOD89LX

Established Member
Well dyno numbers are just that numbers they dont really mean that much if your car runs good and you are happy with its performance, keep in mind 650+ rwhp is pretty darn good for a car with a few simple bolt on's. Now just go out and enjoy your car.

:beer:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I would not be disappointed, TB, Intake and Tune and you got around 50 rwhp, give or take your baseline? not bad....plus how aggressive is the tune?

edit: also that dyno graph looks good, nice and flat

Last edited:

Slowponycar

Established Member
Ice, did you do an OD balancer with you mods? I dynoed mine (no mods) and got 600rwhp and 620 rwtorque. Your numbers dont seem that bad if you did not mod your OD.

13GT500SG

Established Member
It also looks like you had another 300 rpms to go... couldve been another few ponies. But honestly those are good numbers and like mentioned above the curve looks great!

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
What was the total cost in mods? If your still under $1500, I think your doing pretty good. That about a 40-50hp gain for $1500...

I paid $3500 for 60hp and I was pretty pleased.

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
The pulleys are stock. Thanks for the the input everyone, I appreciate it! Next year I am thinking pulley + headers + h pipe. As far as RPM's, I told them 6700 max, just playing it safe!

Myfast70

Established Member
What octane gas were you running? We're stuck with crappy 91 here in Az which I'm sure will hurt our numbers a bit. Still pretty damn impressive!

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
The pulleys are stock. Thanks for the the input everyone, I appreciate it! Next year I am thinking pulley + headers + h pipe. As far as RPM's, I told them 6700 max, just playing it safe!

if you add the pulley, lower, exhaust and redo the tune, you are going to be well over 700....suspension mods should be next brother!

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I don't know who you're comparing it to, but without the pulley swap it would seem like your gains are right on target to me.

mixxer

Established Member
Also you cant just look at peak number,if you compare your graph with the stock 13 take a look at the entire curve thats where a good bit of difference will be also.

Imatk

Established Member
Yeah I'd be soooo disappointed with 658 RWHP... that puts you at what (just the rough 15 percent estimate) 750hp or so at the crank!

Man I must be old, I remember when 400 RWHP was "a lot" :)

OP I'd be very happy with that result. And really as others have said... it's numbers that really don't mean a whole lot without a baseline pull.

You could go back tomorrow and pull 20hp more or 20hp less depending on the conditions. (I've seen more than 20hp variances as well).

If the car runs well, (and it looks like it does :) ) have fun and enjoy your properly tuned great running GT500 :beer:

steveGT500

Timmy!
Established Member
I would kill to have numbers like that, but due to altitude I am forced to deal with much lower than average ones. Just under a mile up and mine put down 444HP on a Dyno Dynamics, I still think that was low even for altitude and still maintain there was a dyno issue but no sense bitching about it. DA was around 12000' that day and correction factor was 1.15. I don't even think I kept the dyno sheet I was so bent out of shape about it. Luckily I have a JLT 127mm, upper 2.40, and a tune (compliments of VMP, thanks BJ and Justin!) waiting to go in when I get home from workin out of state so that should change things around some :D Either way I love the car and thats all that matters in the end! Sorry for the long post!

Last edited:

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Sounds like I should have gone to this instead of a gay ass car show that I was forced to show up late to.

I wanted to go pretty bad.

Were there only two '13s up there? What color was the other one that dyno'd stock?

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
Sounds like I should have gone to this instead of a gay ass car show that I was forced to show up late to.

I wanted to go pretty bad.

Were there only two '13s up there? What color was the other one that dyno'd stock?

Yes, I was hoping more SVTperformance members would have been there. The other 13 was a red w/ white vert.

Users who are viewing this thread