Dyno'd the mystichrome Monday

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
Y'all are getting me nervous over the timing thing. I only show my car, never sees a strip but I may add some torco just to be safe. It sits in the garage most of the time.
How could you have such an awesome car and not fully enjoy it to its full potential? That blows my mind!!! If that's the case I'd have the tuner pull a few degrees of timing out of it to be safe since racing really isn't what you use the car for and buying torco adds up when you really shouldn't have to do that, jmho. Beautful car though.

Lucas is $8.99 a bottle at Meijer or can possibly be had for cheaper online. One bottle to 12-13 gallons should be good for at least the equivalent of 2-3pts of octane from what I've read. I haven't ran my car without it since I went to the Whipple. Cheap insurance. I'm lucky if I run two tanks a month through my car and I know you drive yours even less.
I know Lucas usually makes some good products, do you have any links/info that prove what you say? Not doubting you, just looking for more information because I may stay adding a bottle in the future to my turbo project at the track if it really adds that kind of additional octane. Thanks

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I know Lucas usually makes some good products, do you have any links/info that prove what you say? Not doubting you, just looking for more information because I may stay adding a bottle in the future to my turbo project at the track if it really adds that kind of additional octane. Thanks

There was a really good write up where the person did the actual science. Lucas was the only one sold in the auto parts section that made a real difference. I can't find the link now. It was a few years ago and I have noticed it seems more companies are trying to get in the game, but I trust Lucas products. It's not Torco strong, but it's also cheaper and running a full 32oz of Torco per tank quickly results in that nasty MMT build up.

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
There was a really good write up where the person did the actual science. Lucas was the only one sold in the auto parts section that made a real difference. I can't find the link now. It was a few years ago and I have noticed it seems more companies are trying to get in the game, but I trust Lucas products. It's not Torco strong, but it's also cheaper and running a full 32oz of Torco per tank quickly results in that nasty MMT build up.

Agreed plus I don't have any place around that sells Torco. I wonder how the new Royal Purple booster stacks up? I'm going to dig for some info and if I find it, I'll post back :beer:

stangfreak

Established Member
The car is beautiful OP. very nice. solid setup. we all have different likes in a setup. we all want different things from our car. I just saw 15lbs of boost from a twinscrew and the word torco in this thread so I will bail lol. Good luck!

Never_Enough

Established Member
Sweet. I don't care if it dynoed 240 RWHP, I'd still rock it. Love the color. Not the same, but I miss my 96 Mystic just for the paint!

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
Agreed plus I don't have any place around that sells Torco. I wonder how the new Royal Purple booster stacks up? I'm going to dig for some info and if I find it, I'll post back :beer:

Def do! I am interested in what you find.

The car is beautiful OP. very nice. solid setup. we all have different likes in a setup. we all want different things from our car. I just saw 15lbs of boost from a twinscrew and the word torco in this thread so I will bail lol. Good luck!

What's wrong with 15 #'s and/or Torco?

Sweet. I don't care if it dynoed 240 RWHP, I'd still rock it. Love the color. Not the same, but I miss my 96 Mystic just for the paint!

Much thanks!

Stage 4.6

Established Member
Very good numbers Matt, my car is on 91oct @16psi 19deg. I really enjoy getting on it, I on occasions run NOS booster in my car just for piece of mind, don't have Torco easily accessible either.

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
Very good numbers Matt, my car is on 91oct @16psi 19deg. I really enjoy getting on it, I on occasions run NOS booster in my car just for piece of mind, don't have Torco easily accessible either.

I got on it yesterday and it's pretty stout. No blower whine any longer though, I do miss that scream.

speeddemon2000

Established Member
Geeez the IAT's of liquid cooled cars are stupid high.

Nice #'s though

How do you know the IAT's are stupid high? He didn't say what the ambient temps where. If it was 80 degrees or so in the shop I would say he's doing ok. That's assuming that we are talking about IAT2 temps. With these cars you have to drive the car and get some air moving over the Heat Exchanger before the temps will come down.

What are the IAT2 temps on your car?

Last edited:

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
72' day, iat's measured after 4 pulls and a 3 hr drive up there. It had a 45 min cool down while the BAP was being installed.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
I got on it yesterday and it's pretty stout. No blower whine any longer though, I do miss that scream.

That's strange, do you still have your hood blanket? My 2.3 is loud, sounds like I have a little ambulance siren under the hood. I liked the tone of my pullied eaton better, it was more hoover than siren, but I guess I should be happy I still have a loud blower. It just makes no sense why some whine louder than others, even at approx the same blower speed.

fastferndog

Established Member
The KB LC design made them quiet. That is the first thing I noticed when I swapped my friends out from the 2.3 2nd gen wipple to the 2.6 LC Kenne Bell. Made way more power but was almost silent. Like said here, only really heard with hood open.

Last edited:

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
That's strange, do you still have your hood blanket? My 2.3 is loud, sounds like I have a little ambulance siren under the hood. I liked the tone of my pullied eaton better, it was more hoover than siren, but I guess I should be happy I still have a loud blower. It just makes no sense why some whine louder than others, even at approx the same blower speed.

Nope, it's long gone.

By the way Amazing combo!! I would drive it daily! or at least 3-5 times a week!!

If I drove it that much I would drop dead lol.

Users who are viewing this thread