Dyno'd the mystichrome Monday

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations Matt! Great numbers. What a blast she must be to drive. Fun. Fun. Fun!

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
Haven't really driven it since tuning but I'm sure it's stout. Not sure what's next maybe some more polished pieces under the hood.

SSSLAV8

Established Member
You will get a chance to drive it next weekend :rockon: unfortunately, I'm not able to go to BG this year....Good numbers and the car looks great Matt

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Hey Matt - just seeing this. Glad to hear it went well. Couple of questions. Why a 3.1 upper? instead of a 3.00? If the 3.1 upper was to keep the boost down, why the high timing. I trust Lee completely, but that seems like a lot of timing for 93. My numbers were 16.8lbs/19 degrees.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
Nice Matt!!

From the sound of the blower it looks like you have a lot of power left on the table.

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
You will get a chance to drive it next weekend :rockon: unfortunately, I'm not able to go to BG this year....Good numbers and the car looks great Matt

Well crap, was hoping you would get down there this year!

Very solid numbers! :)

Thanks Tim!

What octane Matt?

Hey Matt - just seeing this. Glad to hear it went well. Couple of questions. Why a 3.1 upper? instead of a 3.00? If the 3.1 upper was to keep the boost down, why the high timing. I trust Lee completely, but that seems like a lot of timing for 93. My numbers were 16.8lbs/19 degrees.

I was wanting to stay around 550-575 and wanted a reichard pulley. The only one I could find at the time was a 3.1. I probably should have left it at 18' and 551/515. I didn't even realize it was a Mustang dyno till after I got home.

Nice Matt!!

From the sound of the blower it looks like you have a lot of power left on the table.

No idea lol. I thought it was gonna blow at any moment.

T.Man

Established Member
As was already said, that's a lot of timing on pump 93. Results are pretty good though and that's a sharp Mystichrome Cobra! Good luck man

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
OK, thanks for the input. That really depends on how many times they've done a pull. Matt, thanks for responding. Bet it it feels great.

Don't know yet...i haven't punched it. My iat's were after 4 pulls and a 3 hour drive up. I was lucky it was only 72' that day.

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
As was already said, that's a lot of timing on pump 93. Results are pretty good though and that's a sharp Mystichrome Cobra! Good luck man

Y'all are getting me nervous over the timing thing. I only show my car, never sees a strip but I may add some torco just to be safe. It sits in the garage most of the time.

T.Man

Established Member
Y'all are getting me nervous over the timing thing. I only show my car, never sees a strip but I may add some torco just to be safe. It sits in the garage most of the time.

Sorry bud, wasn't trying to add to the worry. I do tuning on the side and I would much rather take it easy on timing unless adequate octane/fuel is being used such as ethanol or race gas. All it takes is one "bad batch" of 91/93 to make things go south.
I think adding torco is a great idea for some peace of mind. Ultimately, talk to your tuner and see what they say.

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
Sorry bud, wasn't trying to add to the worry. I do tuning on the side and I would much rather take it easy on timing unless adequate octane/fuel is being used such as ethanol or race gas. All it takes is one "bad batch" of 91/93 to make things go south.
I think adding torco is a great idea for some peace of mind. Ultimately, talk to your tuner and see what they say.

Its cool man, I appreciate the input!

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Lucas is $8.99 a bottle at Meijer or can possibly be had for cheaper online. One bottle to 12-13 gallons should be good for at least the equivalent of 2-3pts of octane from what I've read. I haven't ran my car without it since I went to the Whipple. Cheap insurance. I'm lucky if I run two tanks a month through my car and I know you drive yours even less.

Edit: - I think Lee's dyno is somewhere between a Dynojet and a more typical Mustang dyno. I believe it's about 3% under a typical Dynojet while some Mustang dynos car read as much as 8% under (according to Lee). On my old setup my car was ran on a Dynojet and Lee's Mustang dyno with the same tune, same setup, almost identical conditions, multiple pulls and it was around 3% difference.

Lee's numbers are able to be backed up or out performed at the track. To me his numbers are the honest ones and it's really the Dynojets that inflate. Just look as some of the wild numbers posted here, especially in some for sale ads, and it's always on a Dynojet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread