Dyno with 90mm MAF and Exhaust Mods...387HP/379TQ

RogerTx

Established Member
Finally went over to the same shop we dynoed the R a year ago when we first got it. The weather was 20 degrees warmer, so the numbers no doubt were biased a little down. But, they are in the proper ballpark it looks like. The mods are the 90mm MAF, the Bassani x-pipe (no cats installed) and the Bassani cat back. I have not yet got the files, but made copies of the dyno runs and have a pic of one run that counts (the old run and the latest run). I have a few other shots of the day. Since the wideband setup was not working, we did not change the SCT tuner much, as we were shooting in the dark. The final tune with proper software will come later. If you can’t read the pic, the stock dyno numbers were 354HP/362TQ and the latest numbers with the mods are 387HP/379TQ.

Waiting for the dyno to start...
DYNOPIC1.gif

In the dyno room....
DYNOPIC6.gif

All connected up.....
DYNO7.gif

The results.....
DSC01593.gif

My son Jeff trying to squeeze out some more HP.....
DYNOPIC4.gif

http://i554.photobucket.com/albums/...exhaust/jeffwhitedynostocktomodcomparison.jpg

Last edited:

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
VERY cool! Congrats! Always fun to take the R out an play! :rockon:

Our numbers are almost identical, with the exact same mods.

Yours: 387HP / 379 TQ
Mine: 384hp / 377 TQ

RogerTx

Established Member
Here are my three runs (HP/TQ):

Run 1: 387.18/379.24
Run 2: 384.56/377.35
Run 3:384.32/376.00

Fifteen minutes rest between runs 2 and 3.

RogerTx

Established Member
HP peaked at a tad over 5500 rpms and dropped about 4 HP at 6000. At 6500 rpm, the HP is 370 to 375 HP. At 6900 rpms (the max of the runs), the HP is 330 HP +/-.

There are basically two local TQ peaks: at 4500 and 5250 rpms. I would imagine a more rigorous tuning session will yield a slightly smoother curve.

When I get the files next week, I will post up the digital plots. They should be bigger than what I have now (I have only scan copies of the paper plots and I can't seem to make then larger when I post them off Photobucket).

E. Green Cobra

Bounced in the 1st!
Established Member
Thanks, seems to be the standard 00R curve.
Hp-peaks at 5500 holds about 1000rpm and drops 50 or so hp by 7000.

They all seem to have that dip (or twin tq peak as you put it.) The Aussie boss also has it. Must be something with the intake design.

HP peaked at a tad over 5500 rpms and dropped about 4 HP at 6000. At 6500 rpm, the HP is 370 to 375 HP. At 6900 rpms (the max of the runs), the HP is 330 HP +/-.

There are basically two local TQ peaks: at 4500 and 5250 rpms. I would imagine a more rigorous tuning session will yield a slightly smoother curve.

When I get the files next week, I will post up the digital plots. They should be bigger than what I have now (I have only scan copies of the paper plots and I can't seem to make then larger when I post them off Photobucket).

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Roger:

That was a nice gain you saw. :-D What kind of a dyno was that? Was the baseline dyno you previously ran the same dyno as this latest one?

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
Mine is stock too except for a Bassani cat back, my numbers were 366hp @5500rpm and 374 tq.

RogerTx

Established Member
"....What kind of a dyno was that?.....

Dynojet Research

"...Was the baseline dyno you previously ran the same dyno as this latest one?...."

Yes, I have only dynoed at this shop.

Furinox

Established Member
So you didn't get an AF reading and you didnt have someone retune the car after changing the maf size? You just changed the parameters on the flasher?

Not good.

RogerTx

Established Member
We really didn't know the A/F meter was not working till we arrived for the dyno. Like I said in the first post we didn't change the SCT tuner much. One of the few options in the SCT tuner for the 00'R is to adjust via yes or no if it has the 90mm., so yes that was done. Overall I was not impressed with the options it gave for fine tuning the car. When I used LS1 edit on my Vette I could change many more variables. I plan to install a wide band and then go back and use their SCT software to make more noticeable tuning changes.
These car's are pig rich from the factory, so the added mods should have leaned it out a little, so for the time being it should be OK, or good.:beer:

Furinox

Established Member
We really didn't know the A/F meter was not working till we arrived for the dyno. Like I said in the first post we didn't change the SCT tuner much. One of the few options in the SCT tuner for the 00'R is to adjust via yes or no if it has the 90mm., so yes that was done. Overall I was not impressed with the options it gave for fine tuning the car. When I used LS1 edit on my Vette I could change many more variables. I plan to install a wide band and then go back and use their SCT software to make more noticeable tuning changes.
These car's are pig rich from the factory, so the added mods should have leaned it out a little, so for the time being it should be OK, or good.:beer:

That's not too bad then that it at least gives you the option for changing the maf. You'll need a pro racers package to be able to change much of anything else on the car. I tune my own car and am glad that I learned how to do it. It's nice to be able to change anything I want whenever I want and not have to take the car anywhere.

RogerTx

Established Member
...... I tune my own car and am glad that I learned how to do it. It's nice to be able to change anything I want whenever I want and not have to take the car anywhere.

If we were going to go at it whole hog like we did with our 2002 Vette C5A4 (ET 10.64 @128 mph :beer: with H/C, LT headers, free flow cat/mufflers, race tranny, 3.90 gears, air box/intake, springs, CCW's with skinnies and DR's), then we would find the best program to do what we want it to do. I never intended to mod this car at all, but you know how that goes! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread