Dyno vid of my 04

Fordman9870

Proud Dad of Twin Marines
Established Member
For those that don't cruise the tuning section.

Cliffs: previous tune (bad one from Clinton gang) 453hp 491 tq horrible drivablity.

New tune (Bama 93oct) 440hp 473tq with possible right rear emergency brake dragging. (see 1.28 in vid when it almost stops rolling the wheels, shouldnt have done this, cost me a few hp)

Mods: JLT Ram Air, 2.76 BF and idlers, UPR o/r X and Magnaflow cat back.

th_MyDynoruns.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I believe you have your numbers reversed in your post. I assume you meant.......
Previous tune - 440hp 473tq
New tune - 453hp 491tq

Nice numbers! :)

Fordman9870

Established Member
I believe you have your numbers reversed in your post. I assume you meant.......
Previous tune - 440hp 473tq
New tune - 453hp 491tq

Nice numbers! :)

Sorry Bob. The numbers are correct. The other tune was good for numbers but bad for driving. The new ones are less but have no problems driving.
if you add 10 hp/tq due to brake drag (words of the dyno guy) it would be about the same.

klr16G

Established Member
Glad to know you got a good bama tune mine sucks for driveablity better off taking it to a tuner and having it done IMO

Fordman9870

Established Member
Glad to know you got a good bama tune mine sucks for driveablity better off taking it to a tuner and having it done IMO

I had the opposite happen to me. The dyno tune I thought I was getting was from a MAJOR player in Clinton, IL. was Horrendous. I personally know 3 close friends that had problems with them too. Including a car that sat at the place for 18 months and still had problems after.

Then Bama tunes installed and problems fixed. Graphs are in my thread in the tuning section

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sorry Bob. The numbers are correct. The other tune was good for numbers but bad for driving. The new ones are less but have no problems driving.
if you add 10 hp/tq due to brake drag (words of the dyno guy) it would be about the same.

Driveability is the key, so the lower numbers aren't a big deal. I just thought the numbers were reversed because your signature had the 453rwhp number and I assumed it had been updated after your dyno visit. I always tell people not to get hung up on numbers and THIS is a perfect example of that. Glad you're happy with the new tune. Enjoy that beast. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread