Dyno tuned the car today

purdueranger

Established Member
Hellion T76 kit
93 octane with Meth (50/50 mix)
MMR1100 shortblock
20 lbs of boost

703/622.

Hopefully I will get an email of the dyno sheet in a couple days. This was a Dynojet Dynomometer.

I am not sure on how much timing is in the car but I will log it at some point in the near future. Meth is a dual nozzle setup from AEM.

purdueranger

Established Member
stock 01 cobra intake, stock 03 cams, Feb 05 revised heads.

What the tuner said about the car

16 degrees at peak torque and 18degrees at peak HP

a/f was around 11.8 when it came into boost..

Ben's goal was 700rwhp and that's what i gave him.. we could have turned the boost up or adding some timing, but i wanted to give him a conservative tune.

TRBO VNM

Safety is good.

OP: why didnt you turn up the boost for 800?

his goal was 700. probably like a lot of others, why? my previous car I stopped at about 700 or a little over as well. just didn't feel the need to go higher. the same tune was fine for 800 or maxing it out, but whats the need except to appease people on the internet.

that being said, I will be turning mine up to max next time I am on the dyno. Tried it the first time but the spring in my gate was too small for a manual controller. now it is fine, although I am hoping to have the ams 1000 installed next time I go.

OP: nice numbers and very conservative. :beer:

Last edited:

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Awesome numbers OP. Why not 2 tunes, one for conservative and one for more boost and race fuel?

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
Awesome numbers OP. Why not 2 tunes, one for conservative and one for more boost and race fuel?

You really dont need 2 tunes as long as you have a good tuner that knows how to dial in the MAF transfer function. I run one tune from 14psi to 27psi :beer:

Very nice #s. What were your IATs with the 50/50 mix? I just did an Alky Control kit on my car but I will be running 100% meth, no mix, I want the octane.

purdueranger

Established Member
You really dont need 2 tunes as long as you have a good tuner that knows how to dial in the MAF transfer function. I run one tune from 14psi to 27psi :beer:

Very nice #s. What were your IATs with the 50/50 mix? I just did an Alky Control kit on my car but I will be running 100% meth, no mix, I want the octane.

IATs were 65* on the final pull. Ambient temps were 73* inside the building.

Because the boost will stay between 18-20psi. I turn down the boost with my right foot. only apply what I need. Meth is active once boost is 5psi.

I wouldn't have thought you would need meth injection for 20psi.

probably could get away with not having it but the plans are to go bigger at the end of the season.

his goal was 700. probably like a lot of others, why? my previous car I stopped at about 700 or a little over as well. just didn't feel the need to go higher. the same tune was fine for 800 or maxing it out, but whats the need except to appease people on the internet.

that being said, I will be turning mine up to max next time I am on the dyno. Tried it the first time but the spring in my gate was too small for a manual controller. now it is fine, although I am hoping to have the ams 1000 installed next time I go.

OP: nice numbers and very conservative. :beer:

+1.

Safety is good.

OP: why didnt you turn up the boost for 800?

We ran out of time on the dyno. My tuner wants to crank the boost up and we will once I go back for a retune.

BOSS 32V

---- TermiFox ----
Established Member

How much timing do you run on your 14-27 psi tune?

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
Nice, good info to know. I'm hoping to go Turbo in a year or two, just need a few more trips to the Desert.

Users who are viewing this thread