Dyno Tune Question

LEADfoot927

Established Member
I am looking to get a pulley and dyno tune for my 2011 Gt500. I called a local mustang performance shop, and they told me in addition to the pulley and dyno tune I would also have to purchase a handheld tuner, which puts the price well above what I was prepared to spend. To my understanding getting a custom dyno tune with a pulley would eliminate the need to have to purchase a handheld tuner. Is this true, or is the shop trying to gouge me for more money? Any clarification would be appreciated. Thanks.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
It seems a lot of shops are going over to hp tuning software and phasing out the use of hand helds. I like the idea of having a street tune and race tune so the sct works better for me.

tktlwyr

Established Member
Way back when, I had a pulley, tuner and a mail order tune from Jon Lund. He had me within 3 RWHP of my eventual dyno tune.

Last edited:

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Thanks for the replies. Is it cheap to have to pulleys installed, or is it an easy do it yourself?

I can get you into a 2.50" pulley, 90mm idler to take up belt slack, new X4 SCT handheld and a VMP custom tune.....100rwhp increase..for less than $1200.

We do about 400 of them a year. That's about 4,000 of them over the past 10 years of GT500s. We know a little bit about them. My personal 07 is one of the first 400 built in June of 06.

Check us out in the GT500 upgrade/power pack section of vmpperformance.com and if you can turn a wrench at all, you can do all of this in about an hour.

bj

Speedboosted

Established Member
You can call us or shoot me a PM as well if you're interested in tuning and parts. We're down in Ridgefield, WA

USMC500

Established Member
Check out the packages from jlthttp://jlttruecoldair.com/ZenCart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=524_525_283_467_468&products_id=724 best bang for your buck

Users who are viewing this thread