Dyno Today

tampaSVT'03

Established Member
Had the opportunity to go to Lamottas Performance in Longwood FL. today where I met Jake Lamotta and Dave Caine from Superchips. On the base line pull RWHP was 448.11 and RWTQ was 442.07 SAE peak. Dave then played with the fuel and timing curves and after several trial pulls we got 455.22 RWHP and 456.95 RWTQ peak. The biggest gains where down lower in the curves where the motor picked up up to 25 TQ and 18 HP. What amaze's me are the STD. and uncorrected numbers, 470.05 HP and 471.84 TQ STD. and 481.92 HP and 483.76 TQ uncorrected. MY air fuel ratio is pretty flat line at 12 to 1. The guys at Lamottas do great work and I am happy with the results considering all that is done to the car is a K&N aircharger CAI, Borla Stinger cat back and a 2.93 non slip pulley. We will be doing some drag testing after the holidays and then start playing with some more parts...

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice numbers. Isn't it amazing how easy and inexpensive (comparatively speaking) it is to mod these beasts? :beer:

tampaSVT'03

Established Member
I am planning on doing the apten ported blower, a larger heat exchanger, apton coolant bypass mod and then feel safe to run a 2.80 pulley. What good is all this power without beefing up the IRS with heavy duty half shafts, bushings and a stronger brace's along with some M/T ET streets.

Tim Lester

Established Member
Nice numbers Craig, How about a new clutch to go with those M/T tires? Again nice numbers:beer:

Later Tim

Users who are viewing this thread