Dyno #'s

Justin

Established Member
I just got back from the dyno. I wasn't thrilled with my numbers. They were at the low end of what I was hoping for. After seeing many different bone stock numbers, mine look small. My HP was 340.4 and the TRQ was 346.5. This is bone stock down to the air silencer. It was done on a DynoJet. The A/F was off the screen. Anyone else getting low numbers like mine? I havee seen yp to 380 stock.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Different dynos, different conditions, different break-in miles, different interpretations of "stock"...

Standard Questions:
-SAE or STD numbers
-Atmospheric conditions
-Miles on car
-Build date/Computer code (on passenger door edge)

Some of the early run cars last summer had low numbers due to clogged catalytic converters.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Originally posted by A's Cobra
clogged cats?

That's my guess. Those numbers are low on a Dynojet.

Drive the car on the highway at night, then when you stop get out and look under the car. Are the cats glowing red? If yes, that's your problem.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I was at a dyno day on friday and we had 5 03 cobras show up. 2 were stock. Filter and Snorkle. The first one dyno's at 364.7 rwhp and the second dyno's at 366.7 rwhp. Both of them did 2 runs stock and 2 runs without the filter or silencer. Removing both of them added 12 hp to both cars on both runs. Plus or minus 1 hp.

My car with with a K&N and silencer out dyno'd at 390rwhp.

SonicBlueCobra

2003 Sonic Blue Cobra with str8 3inch excaust, diablo flip chip, 2.93 pulley, and JLP ram air. Duno performed on ERT Dyno Jet. 487 rwhp and 477 rwtq "Corrected" BEST QUARTER MILE TIME 11.79 @ 123.98 MPH w/ street tires and stock shifter. 60' time 1.92

Justin

Established Member
Originally posted by SonicBlueCobra
2003 Sonic Blue Cobra with str8 3inch excaust, diablo flip chip, 2.93 pulley, and JLP ram air. Duno performed on ERT Dyno Jet. 487 rwhp and 477 rwtq "Corrected" BEST QUARTER MILE TIME 11.79 @ 123.98 MPH w/ street tires and stock shifter. 60' time 1.92

What does this have to do with anything?

Just to update everyone, I did not get a chance to check my cats tonight. I will do my best to get to it tommorow. Thanks for the heads up on it.

DaveSVT03

Established Member
340 seems low, but I wouldn't worry too much. There is a lot of variation from day to day, dyno to dyno, etc.

As a point of comparison, I just dyno'd at 380 with nothing but the K&N drop in. Ran another dyno run a bit later and it ran 360. Changed nothing from run to run, so don't get too hung up on the number.

Drop a K&N or CAI and see how it does....

Good luck.

slow lane

proud daddy
Established Member
Engine temperature is a big variable with these cars, and there is no correction factor to standardize it.

Cold with a 5 minute, no load warm up was worth 20 RWHP versus fully heat soaked and coolant at normal operating temperatures.

NastyWS6

Established Member
Originally posted by SonicBlueCobra

What does this have to do with his dyno #'s ?:shrug:

NastyWS6

Established Member
How long of a cool down did your motor have ? Maybe it was too hot, but I would also check on the cats.

davidmax

Established Member
Drive her harder after making sure ther are no obstructions in the cats,and dyno again after a MO-1 oil change 5-30.Also drop in a K&N for a few bucks you will pick up 5-8 rrwhp.And dont forget some people exaggerate and I assume your #'s are SAE corrected,uncorrected and your at 365+.Dave S.

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
I dyno'd 338/338 stock without silencer and it was due to clogged cats. Swapped exhaust/CAI and put in chip. Dyno'd at 422/400.

Corner-Carver

The Voice of Reason
Established Member
Originally posted by 03snake
I dyno'd 338/338 stock without silencer and it was due to clogged cats. Swapped exhaust/CAI and put in chip. Dyno'd at 422/400.

Now THAT had to be a good feeling.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread