dyno #s

SJ_Cobra

Established Member
got the cobra dynoed today but was running real lean mods are 2.8 RR ,Bassani catback ,cai dont know the brand and ,xcal 2 with amzon tune. that af was out the tailpipe. was on a dynojet.
scan0001.jpg

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Ah, yeah I would say, a little lean. I would definately stay outta WOT until you get the tune fixed. I wonder if their sniffer was outta whack, cause your car should be pinging like a mofo with a A/F like that.

C55AMG

Established Member
I just got a tune from Amazon, didnt get the new numbers though. Although my car feels a bit stronger than my old tune.

You have the same mods as me minus the off road x pipe

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I hpe the Air/Fuel measuring aparatus was malfunctioning! If not, then it cold possibly be like watchiing an old Moby Diik movie: There she blows!!!!!

Last edited:

redsvtcobra

Established Member
Yea, there is no way that a/f could be correct and shame on the shop for running it to almost 7k rpm while the a/f was logging like that!

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Something looks to be definitely wrong with that A/F curve. No way it was that lean up to 5,000 rpms. It never even get "down" to 14 until near redline. I'd have to say that's the worse A/F I've seen yet. So I'm leaning towards equipment. I agree that the dyno operator should be shot. You mean to tell me he ran it to redline with the screen telling him it was that lean? Good grief! Do they know anything about the Terminator at all? When I was testing my tune, my dyno shop would always watch the A/F closely and would shut the motor down at about 5K rpms if they deemed it too lean. I appreciated (and expected) that.

Well, not sure I'd ever go back to that dyno shop. If I did, I'd ask them why they'd run the motor to redline with the curve that lean. And I'd give instructions to shut it down early if lean. Best of luck getting it resolved. Maybe (if you can be comfortable giving this shop a second chance) I'd visit them, show them the A/F curve and ask them to check their equipment and try it again at no cost to you. But shut it down early (4500-5000) if the A/F again is lean or they hear ANY sign of detonation. JMO.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
redsvtcobra said:
Yea, there is no way that a/f could be correct and shame on the shop for running it to almost 7k rpm!

:eek: your mods are not that extreme for the tune to be that far off..

they must not have been watching the AF at all to run it up that high...Ive never seen an AF line look like that either..and Ive seen a lot of them..

I know you talked to Rick yesterday...just get those datalogs to Rick to look at and we will get you a revised program if needed..

SJ_Cobra

Established Member
Thanx

Thanks eveybody for the help. I, also think that they have a bad reading my car is not pinging. It is running strong so I think i'll go to another dyno in a few weeks. I'm going to send the datalog to Rick to see what he thinks. I really hope that everything is good.
Thanks all.
Alex

RAZRS EDGE

Stay Humble
Established Member
Don't go WOT until issue has been resolved. Period. I don't care if you don't hear any pinging.

Users who are viewing this thread