dyno #'s comp between k.b. and eaton

slowr w/o blowr

Established Member
low torque #'s with twin screw

I have a question for you guys, I see a few mildly modded terminators putting down 450 ish rwhp and 450 rwtq. I have a mach one with a k.b. non forged internals so i am at a 8 - 9 psi max setting, off road prochamber, magnapacs, aluminum fly/ driveshaft, stock manifolds t-56, but 10/1 compression. I put down 466 rwhp and only 398 rwtq. How are the cobras making more torque? Is it the eaton? Whats the differences between motors that would cause the torque to be higher?
100_2185.jpg

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
possibly the fact that they are running more boost, and the compression is lower on the cobra?? I'm not to sure though that's just somethings that I can think of

01yellercobra

Established Member
I'm thinking it's the timing. The Cobras can run a little more timing because of the lower compression. Your tune is probably more conservative.

steedafever

U.S. ARMY 13-FOX
Established Member
i woudnt have kept your factory flywheel for making high power. but, the cobra 4v motor is an animal. i would say up your boost but, it would be way way safer with a built bottom end, then you could go crazy with your blower and have tons more power.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Ok the Kenne bells give up a little torque to the eaton as they flow more air at the top though. The 03s that are making around ~13# to be putting down the 450-460 range and they will be running more timing. All that adds up to more torque. At 8#s the stock eatons made around 360-375 stock. The higher compression will help torque but you are not camparing apples to apples. Pulley your car to 13-14# and your torque will be there with them and power will be in the 530-540 range.

slowr w/o blowr

Established Member
Ok the Kenne bells give up a little torque to the eaton as they flow more air at the top though. The 03s that are making around ~13# to be putting down the 450-460 range and they will be running more timing. All that adds up to more torque. At 8#s the stock eatons made around 360-375 stock. The higher compression will help torque but you are not camparing apples to apples. Pulley your car to 13-14# and your torque will be there with them and power will be in the 530-540 range.

Thanks for the great post. This was just the info i needed for it all to make sense.

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
If you had boost graphed on the sheet, my guess is that you would see it making less at low RPM, and making peak boost at high RPM. This of course hurts torque at lower RPM and gives you a boost curve more like a centrifugal.

My TVS on my GT500 makes a square HP and TQ number, and makes similar top end power to a screw.

Users who are viewing this thread