Dyno results..needs more pulley

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
[video=youtube_share;y73D14VNSQc]http://youtu.be/y73D14VNSQc[/video]

My mods are 13-6 no pulley. I gained 70 rwhp from my stock baseline. I want to be at 700 rwhp or better. Next move is 10% lower, headers, and off road H. That should get me there right?

GT500DYNO_zpsmzfye3hp.jpg

Sheridan_Uncorrected_zpszklbqs9g.jpg

07 Black Beauty

Established Member
[video=youtube_share;y73D14VNSQc]http://youtu.be/y73D14VNSQc[/video]

My mods are 13-6 no pulley. I gained 70 rwhp from my stock baseline. I want to be at 700 rwhp or better. Next move is 10% lower, headers, and off road H. That should get me there right?

GT500DYNO_zpsmzfye3hp.jpg

Sheridan_Uncorrected_zpszklbqs9g.jpg

That's the same plan I have for mine, and that should get 700+ easy.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Is that A/F ratio safe?
My understanding is(read: I think, not I know) Lund tunes are conservative. An afr that low could be to keep temperatures lower and resist detonation? I'll take any advice or knowledge I can get so tell me anything I need to know. I want HP, but I also want engine safety and longevity. Should I be data logging every round of mods, or should I get to where I want to be and then data log for a final dial in? My next round of mods should be very soon. We noticed a little gitch in the step around 55 to 5700 rpm but I don't plan to be on the tune much longer. My plan was to go with the pulley/headers/H then dyno and data log.

EDIT: Actually, I think the reading is about .5 low because he pulled it from the exhaust?

Last edited:

TORQJNKY

My understanding is(read: I think, not I know) Lund tunes are conservative. An afr that low could be to keep temperatures lower and resist detonation? I'll take any advice or knowledge I can get so tell me anything I need to know. I want HP, but I also want engine safety and longevity. Should I be data logging every round of mods, or should I get to where I want to be and then data log for a final dial in? My next round of mods should be very soon. We noticed a little gitch in the step around 55 to 5700 rpm but I don't plan to be on the tune much longer. My plan was to go with the pulley/headers/H then dyno and data log.

EDIT: Actually, I think the reading is about .5 low because he pulled it from the exhaust?

Nice results!

In my experience, tail pipe A/F sniffers generally read high. If the dyno using a tail pipe sniffer is showing 12.0, you are probably around 11.5-11.8 which is perfect. My car has a Lund tune and reads 12.0-12.2 on a tail pipe sniffer while the cars widebands read 11.5-11.8.

Ky GT500

Established Member
Yep,,,Lund tunes are conservative, but safe. Adding the LT'S, H and 10%,,, you'll be where you want to be. If you go back on dyno, fresh plugs gapped correctly, might want to pick up some new O2's to put in the LT'S, fresh oil,,, you'll have a good dyno run, accurate readings should be good.

Blackdevil77

Established Member
Nice results!

In my experience, tail pipe A/F sniffers generally read high. If the dyno using a tail pipe sniffer is showing 12.0, you are probably around 11.5-11.8 which is perfect. My car has a Lund tune and reads 12.0-12.2 on a tail pipe sniffer while the cars widebands read 11.5-11.8.

What is the stock A/F ratio?

VFORCEJOHN

Established Member
stock dips down into the 10.8 range. that's too rich.

11.2-11.4 is wherfe they usually lie in and that's fine for 15 psi-18 psi. (tail pipe sniffer can be a .5-1.0 off the )@ value in the pipe. I use the compressed air vacuum line with the sensor mounted in it. it's fairly accurate, but NOT dead on.

I have the same mods with offroad H and a 10 lower and I made 705-710 at the tire.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Thanks for the explanations fellas.. and .5 high may have been what Anthony said. Sometimes my hearing aint so good. I need to find a shop and talk to Van.

Nice results!

Blackdevil77

Established Member
Okay. I want the same set up also in the spring, I just want to everything to be perfectly safe. I'd rather run slightly rich than lean. Not necessarily 10.0 rich, but 11-11.4 seems like a good place to be. I wish I had more control of the quality and consistency of the gas I put in the car, then I wouldn't worry as much.

Ky GT500

Established Member
Okay. I want the same set up also in the spring, I just want to everything to be perfectly safe. I'd rather run slightly rich than lean. Not necessarily 10.0 rich, but 11-11.4 seems like a good place to be. I wish I had more control of the quality and consistency of the gas I put in the car, then I wouldn't worry as much.

I recommend you call Van and have a talk with him. Been running everything Zen is going to be getting. No issues at all. Only thing that has come up were fouled/carboned up O2 sensors, but that's a known issue running LT's. I keep a couple spare sets, simple job to swap out, maybe 15 mins to swap both and you're on your way.

Blackdevil77

Established Member
I recommend you call Van and have a talk with him. Been running everything Zen is going to be getting. No issues at all. Only thing that has come up were fouled/carboned up O2 sensors, but that's a known issue running LT's. I keep a couple spare sets, simple job to swap out, maybe 15 mins to swap both and you're on your way.

I definitely am in the spring. Not ready to buy yet, I can't even drive the car right now. Temperatures are in the teens over here and the roads are covered in ice and salt :( Absolute first thing I'm doing in the spring is a monster burnout with the factory goodyears, then getting some Toyo R888's.

Ky GT500

Established Member
Van is a great guy. You can contact him now, just to run your questions by him. He has always been willing to help/answer any questions I've ever had.

Then when spring comes you'll atleast be more confident in what you need to order since you have already made contact with him.

carguy19

Established Member
If you have 93 octane where you live, just do the 15% lower from the start.

Id port the blower too. People are picking up big w the ported blower and elbow. (My car made 30 more hp @ wheels just w porting).

My car w the 15% lower and headers and ported blower etc made 757 /777 on a mustang dyno at only 16* timing. If we put some timing into the car it will make 800 easy but I asked lund to make it super safe for me.

Users who are viewing this thread