dyno results from shortrunner intake

the anti-rice

Established Member
Finally got around to putting the car back on the dyno. Here is the graph. A/F is at 13:1 with 24* of timing. This is on a LOADED MUSTANG DYNO AND NOT A DYNO JET. Ill try and get some numbers from a dyno jet just for comparison.

dyno9-07.jpg

the anti-rice

Established Member
Forgot to mention. Supporting mods are:
JTL ramair, pullies, l/t headers, o/r h-pipe, mac catback, accufab t/b, 4:30 gear. 1 1/2" was cut off the runners and upper hat was cleaned up. stock heads and motor.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Is that a loss of torque and only a gain of 6.5rwhp? Those gains are very low for n/a short runner.
How much were the runners cut?

cobraboy169

Speed. . . My Anti-Drug
Established Member
I would have thought that it would perform better up top then it did. Maybe the car will run a little better when it is moving and more air can get through the intake manifold faster.

prochargedcobra

BADENUF
Established Member
cobraboy169 said:
I would have thought that it would perform better up top then it did. Maybe the car will run a little better when it is moving and more air can get through the intake manifold faster.
Sounds like your drivabilty just went down 2 notches. That sucks

the anti-rice

Established Member
cobraboy169 said:

I thought the samething. The motor doesnt have any work done to it so the intake is out performing the rest of the motor. Once I hit it with the spray Im sure Ill see a huge difference. :rockon:

cobraboy169

Speed. . . My Anti-Drug
Established Member
the anti-rice said:
I thought the samething. The motor doesnt have any work done to it so the intake is out performing the rest of the motor. Once I hit it with the spray Im sure Ill see a huge difference. :rockon:
Yeah that extra hit of spray will give you better results than if it were a stock manifold. I see good power up top with mine and the spray hits really hard as well.

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
Red98CobraStang said:
Somethings wrong here. I'm thinking the runners may be cut too much. Did you weld the belled ends back on?

Its not the runners. His #'s were low before the shortrunner. My guess is that he has low compression in a cylinder or two. -Mark

duane v

Established Member
na svt said:
Is that a loss of torque and only a gain of 6.5rwhp? Those gains are very low for n/a short runner.How much were the runners cut?

big time low:??: ......maybe you need to find a tooner that can pull some more out of it.....DA snake boy!!!

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
98 N/A 4V said:
Its not the runners. His #'s were low before the shortrunner. My guess is that he has low compression in a cylinder or two. -Mark

ahh good point. I forgot to look at the base run. time for a compression/leak down test.

the anti-rice

Established Member
Did a compression test today.

#1 = 170
#2 = 172
#3 = 175
#4 = 170
#5 = 161
#6 = 164
#7 = 170
#8 = 170

All the plugs were an ash color except for #8, it was black and looked kinda wet so thats running rich. Ill get some new plugs in the car next week and go from there.....

Users who are viewing this thread