Dyno Results are in

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
So something doesn't add up, if you have a factory 2007 longblock with the parts stated above 760 is crazy. Did you mean to type 706?

19 psi, 93 octane and adding 2 degrees timing nets you 114 WHP, what!?
Bingo. Doesnt add up at all. Id like to see dyno sheets of all runs stated.

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
I would've guessed 700-710rw with that set up. I also would've guessed 2+ degrees of timing might have netted 30-35rw. Also, I'd be real careful if your at 19psi on 93 octane pushing all that timing. Care to post the dyno sheet both graph & column formats?

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Not likely... F the dyno sheet, they can be manipulated, I’d love to see the trap speeds

My bet is they’ll be right aroun 128-130 MPH average depending on weight and conditions. Ask me how I know... lol

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Haha, because I had the exact same set up and it trapped 128 pretty regularly, made about 680-690 WHP depending on the day and with the knock sensors in these cars, you can set base timing at whatever the hell you want, they’re not gonna hold it at even a hint of det.

With a TVS, 2.4, long tubes, 13-14 fuel, 3” O/R exhaust, 127mm JLT, FRPP 65mm TB on pump fuel, my car made 720 like clock work and trapped 130-131 just about every run that I did my job.

If you do the math, trap speed and race weight of about 4000 lbs with me in it, the numbers are pretty righ on.

All that aside, if you believe that a single degree of timing added 60 WHP, I have land to sell you in Alaska.

nickstobias

cobracommander04
Established Member
Haha, because I had the exact same set up and it trapped 128 pretty regularly, made about 680-690 WHP depending on the day and with the knock sensors in these cars, you can set base timing at whatever the hell you want, they’re not gonna hold it at even a hint of det.

With a TVS, 2.4, long tubes, 13-14 fuel, 3” O/R exhaust, 127mm JLT, FRPP 65mm TB on pump fuel, my car made 720 like clock work and trapped 130-131 just about every run that I did my job.

If you do the math, trap speed and race weight of about 4000 lbs with me in it, the numbers are pretty righ on.

All that aside, if you believe that a single degree of timing added 60 WHP, I have land to sell you in Alaska.

Did you get a lot of belt slippage from the 2.4?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

So you didn't have the same set up because OP has a 15% lower and much more fuel than you.

760 doesn't seem like that far of a stretch to me.

Trap speed would be better, but many many many people cant drive a 700+ tq car well enough down the drag strip to net a MPH trap speed that would be indicative of real power being produced anyway.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
So you didn't have the same set up because OP has a 15% lower and much more fuel than you.

760 doesn't seem like that far of a stretch to me.

Trap speed would be better, but many many many people cant drive a 700+ tq car well enough down the drag strip to net a MPH trap speed that would be indicative of real power being produced anyway.

Reading is fundamental... I clearly listed two different set ups in my post.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Reading is fundamental... I clearly listed two different set ups in my post.

Then you should learn to do it.

Do you have an overdrive pulley and as much fuel as him?

Yeah... I didn’t think so.

Also if anyone is exaggerating dynos it’s you.

A 720 whp car traps far higher than 131.

I went 131 with a hundred less HP.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread