Dyno pulls from a 2v GTwith a 3.4 Whipple on her

NestorGT

Established Member
The first video is just a quick look at the motor running. I'll appoligize right of the bat for the sound. I took the videos with my phone and the sound just plain sucks.

Whipple 3.4L on a 2v Mustang - YouTube

Second video is the first pull. The car originally tuned for 17psi coming from a MP112 from Tork Tech. Obviously 17psi from an MP112 and 17psi from a 3.4 Whippleis a bit different. The car had originally layed down 475rwhp, so take a look.

First Dyno pull of Whippled 2v GT - YouTube

The second pull was with a more timing into the motor but had to lay off because we pegged the fuel pumps. Take a look at the descriptions of the videos.

Second Dyno pull of Whippled 2v GT - YouTube

foofinator

Engineer/Lawyer
Established Member
Dude that's SICK! Congrats, that's a cool ass car!

Exactly what I want to do with my torktech GT!!

f8lmach

Occasional SVT Poster
Established Member
That is ****ing sick. That's a car that would make you speechless if you raced from a light.

NestorGT

Established Member
Thanks fellas, Im very proud of the simplicity and non flashyness of the car. Dont get me wrong, she looks very good but its not over done and unless you are able to hear the cam lobes or see the intercooler in the front you might not know what you're in for... lol

NestorGT

Established Member
great numbers!

Thank you very much!

Build Specs on this BAD AZZ 2 Valve?
Give the man below a prize:rockon:!! Its is a stroked 2v....but its not a 5.0;-)
Possibly a stroker 2 valve????
As you can tell from the vid it has Trick Flow heads and they were ported by Wilson Manifolds. Stage 1 blower Comp cams forged internals and compression is 9.1.

Can't wait to see you put some 4v's in its place :pop:

I actually dont go out gunning for any other Mustangs, but everything else is fair game:thumbsup:. But if another Mustang insists :poke:....then they become fair game as well...lol

I8URLS1

Established Member
I was going to do an almost identical build with a 3.4/Crusher setup but sold my KB 2.2 and decided to go a different direction with my 2v build. Awesome build though man

Jroc

Established Member
This reminds me of back in the day when I first got my Terminator. There was a pretty big thread debating Terminators to built and positive displacement blown 2v. These where mainly 2v GT's built by Tim at Modular Powerhouse. His recipe was usually to build a 4.6 based 284 ci, or 302 ci stroker motor with a then new 2.8 KB blower. He was making Terminators running the same mods type of HP #'s and a lot of torque with them.

Anyway we Terminator owners were a little bitter about it, and claiming that something was F'ed up as a 2v GT shouldn't be doing that, and what the 2v guys were claiming is that while the 4v heads are easily better overall flowing heads than the 2v heads on both the exhaust and intake sides one of the few things the 2v heads do better than the 4v heads is they have higher exhaust velocities, and positive displacement blowers are very particular to the exhaust side of a motor.

I know people that race boats with BBC's running 872 blowers and they'll tell you the most important thing to getting the most out of the positive displacement blower is to get really attack the exhaust side of the heads even more than overall flow. Apparently this is not the same with N/A, Turbo, or Centrifugal blower setups where overall flow is more important.

Nice #'s OP!

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Whoa! 586/642! Killer GT there, and it sounds awesome (taking into account the poor cell phone audio). You must be feared on the street. Incredible car! :)

NestorGT

Established Member
This reminds me of back in the day when I first got my Terminator. There was a pretty big thread debating Terminators to built and positive displacement blown 2v. These where mainly 2v GT's built by Tim at Modular Powerhouse. His recipe was usually to build a 4.6 based 284 ci, or 302 ci stroker motor with a then new 2.8 KB blower. He was making Terminators running the same mods type of HP #'s and a lot of torque with them.

Anyway we Terminator owners were a little bitter about it, and claiming that something was F'ed up as a 2v GT shouldn't be :burnout: that, and what the 2v guys were claiming is that while the 4v heads are easily better ovIerall flowing heads than the 2v heads on both the exhaust and intake sides one of the few things the 2v heads do better than the 4v heads is they have higher exhaust velocities, and positive displacement blowers are very particular to the exhaust side of a motor.

I know people that race boats with BBC's running 872 blowers and they'll tell you the most important thing to getting the most out of the positive displacement blower is to get really attack the exhaust side of the heads even more than overall flow. Apparently this is not the same with N/A, Turbo, or Centrifugal blower setups where overall flow is more important.

Nice #'s OP!

Funny you should say that. I got the well known trick flow heads and after two of the nations top tuners looked at the setup and what we wanted to accomplish, they both agreed that the most important thing was to improve the exhaust sides only!! Hell of a catch on that post bro! :)

Last edited:

I8URLS1

Established Member
Funny you should say that. I got the well known trick flow heads and after two of the nations top tuners looked at the setup and what we wanted to accomplish, they both agreed that the most important thing was to improve the exhaust sides only!! Hell of a catch on that post bro! :)

One of my best friends and also my mechanic does incredible port work and I have him working a set of the TFS heads right now and he said the one thing they could have done better was the exhaust ports on the heads if they had raised them a bit to more of a high port type of head. He does not like modular motor stuff and has been extremely impressed with the TFS heads if that's saying anything.

Users who are viewing this thread