Dyno numbers?

nightwing

Established Member
I'm looking for a tuner to tune my twin turbo cobra.
anyone take a guess of my numbers will be on the rollers with my current setup?

here is a list of mods
Hellion twin turbo kit
- 58mm Billet wheel Precision turbos
- tial 38mm wg
- turbosmart 50mm bov

MDM JR
twin gt pumps
80# FRPP injectors
SCT 2800
Diablo Mafia

01yellercobra

Established Member
Are you still running the stock fuel hat? I have the same pumps and injectors and I'm wondering how far they can go with a turbo car.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Need a lot more details man....

How much boost,fuel,motor,intake ect.

Just guessing I'd say if the motors stock at 20psi it'll make around 800hp. But I don't know your setup so I may be way off.Also if that maf is probly gonna peg if you push it hard.

01yellercobra

Established Member
bob kurgan does tuning. he is east of atlanta. he is a good tuner.

Kurgan tuned my buddies turboed fox. He's happy enough that he's making changes and having Kurgan tuning it again.

Last edited:

nightwing

Established Member
Are you still running the stock fuel hat? I have the same pumps and injectors and I'm wondering how far they can go with a turbo car.

yes stock fuel hat.

Need a lot more details man....

How much boost,fuel,motor,intake ect.

Just guessing I'd say if the motors stock at 20psi it'll make around 800hp. But I don't know your setup so I may be way off.Also if that maf is probly gonna peg if you push it hard.
All mods listed above. 01 cobra intake stock motor.

Fat-cat

Established Member
with twin GT pumps you are going to be limited to both fuel and boost. Max you will make im guessing if you push the envelop will be about 17/18 psi and 700 wheel. Returnless and Twin pumps scares me on big power cars to electronic control for my liking. Sounds like the car will be fun with the small billet snails they will spool up hard and fast.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
I had twin GT pumps on my car. We ran out of fuel at 525rwhp. It was dissapointing for sure. You may be able to reach 700rwhp if you add a BAP. Otherwise, be careful. Just FYI.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I had twin GT pumps on my car. We ran out of fuel at 525rwhp. It was dissapointing for sure. You may be able to reach 700rwhp if you add a BAP. Otherwise, be careful. Just FYI.

What injectors are you running? Did you just put in the pumps or did you install an upgraded FPDM and wire upgrade? My GT pumps with just a wire upgrade made it close to 600rwhp with a blower. And my understanding is a turbo doesn't need as much fuel system as a blower.

nightwing

Established Member
with twin GT pumps you are going to be limited to both fuel and boost. Max you will make im guessing if you push the envelop will be about 17/18 psi and 700 wheel. Returnless and Twin pumps scares me on big power cars to electronic control for my liking. Sounds like the car will be fun with the small billet snails they will spool up hard and fast.

i have been told about 525 max at my current setup and maybe another 50-60hp if i add a bap.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
Oh, sorry. My set-up was on E85. So 525rwhp doesn't apply here. I have 160# injectors.
What injectors are you running? Did you just put in the pumps or did you install an upgraded FPDM and wire upgrade? My GT pumps with just a wire upgrade made it close to 600rwhp with a blower. And my understanding is a turbo doesn't need as much fuel system as a blower.

Cobra8urZ06

Established Member
i had basically the same setup mdm jr, gt pumps 80lb injectors and when a pump failed at the track burned up 5 pistons be careful with the returnless crap.

01yellercobra

Established Member
i had basically the same setup mdm jr, gt pumps 80lb injectors and when a pump failed at the track burned up 5 pistons be careful with the returnless crap.

Wouldn't you have the same issue if a pump failed in a return style system? You'll have a pressure loss and run lean either way.

twin62cobra

Established Member
I ran twin Gt pumps and a BAP with my Whipple 2.3 and made 620 RWHP and the pumps were at 80% duty cycle. When I went with twin 57 turbos we ran out fuel at just 700 RWHP. You might get buy with short runs on the dyno, but in real life on the street with longer pulls you will need more fuel pumps. Go with a return system, because it will let your turner be able to control the fuel alot easier.

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
Wait a second. My car must be a freak because this is my fuel system and it made 750rwhp with a t-56.
Fore hat with twin GT pumps, MDM Jr (Wire upgrade to pumps and big power wire), -8 fuel line Y in fender and runs to fore rails, 60lbs injectors.

Now my design is very simple to upgrade to a return style but it wasn't needed in my case.

nightwing

Established Member
I ran twin Gt pumps and a BAP with my Whipple 2.3 and made 620 RWHP and the pumps were at 80% duty cycle. When I went with twin 57 turbos we ran out fuel at just 700 RWHP. You might get buy with short runs on the dyno, but in real life on the street with longer pulls you will need more fuel pumps. Go with a return system, because it will let your turner be able to control the fuel alot easier.

Phase 2 of this project will be a new fuel system, intake, and few other goodies but at this time , i would like to see what the max HP i can get for reliable street tune.

Users who are viewing this thread