Dyno numbers with mods torque seem low

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
How different? Are you saying 30rwhp? Your first statement backs this number.

It all depends on the quality of fuel and the horsepower level. It is sime physics that there is a difference between 91 and 93. For the guy who thinks "its negligible" why not run 89 or 87? If 91 is not noticeably different from 93 then the same concept applies to 91 to 89 and 89 to 87. In my case the difference between 91 and 93 is 2 or so degrees of timing in the the tune and an additional 3 degrees global because of detonation. 5 degrees of timing is pretty significant if you ask me but then some guys don't mind running on the ragged edge and tune their car to the limit...... just save some cash for a new motor, been there done that.

FYI- most 13s are running 560-585 stock in my area, you will see a few guys that recently posted numbers from CA that are in the 560s. Dynos mean nothing because a 700rwhp car that traps the same as the same car at 650rwhp tells the whole story.

Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Every dyno reads different

Dynodynamics reads low unless in shoot out mode

Dynojet is the most common and reads higher.

You can't race dyno numbers

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
It all depends on the quality of fuel and the horsepower level. It is sime physics that there is a difference between 91 and 93. For the guy who thinks "its negligible" why not run 89 or 87? If 91 is not noticeably different from 93 then the same concept applies to 91 to 89 and 89 to 87. In my case the difference between 91 and 93 is 2 or so degrees of timing in the the tune and an additional 3 degrees global because of detonation. 5 degrees of timing is pretty significant if you ask me but then some guys don't mind running on the ragged edge and tune their car to the limit...... just save some cash for a new motor, been there done that.

FYI- most 13s are running 560-585 stock in my area, you will see a few guys that recently posted numbers from CA that are in the 560s. Dynos mean nothing because a 700rwhp car that traps the same as the same car at 650rwhp tells the whole story.

You still did not answer my question, but instead gave a long winded story. In the story you mentioned 580 give or take as high. 620-580 is a 40rwhp drop from 93 to 91 oct. This equates to about a 7% drop.

As I have said before there will be far more variation in the dyno than in oct performance!

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
You still did not answer my question, but instead gave a long winded story. In the story you mentioned 580 give or take as high. 620-580 is a 40rwhp drop from 93 to 91 oct. This equates to about a 7% drop.

As I have said before there will be far more variation in the dyno than in oct performance!

Exactly, octane can be 5rwhp- whatever number depending on quality and what the car is pushing. A 200rwhp car may be nothing but a 1000rwhp car may not even be possible on lower octane. In my case im down 20-30rwhp do to poor quality 91.

Ray Lucca

Established Member
730 RWHP with a Cai, Headers, TB, Plugs and Tune, on 91??? WOW, send Jon a gift basket, to say thank-you... Dynojet, SAE??? Can you post the Dyno sheet???
Great numbers, without a pulley!!!

Hungdaknees

Established Member
here is the dyno sheet

GetAttachment.aspx

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Exactly, octane can be 5rwhp- whatever number depending on quality and what the car is pushing. A 200rwhp car may be nothing but a 1000rwhp car may not even be possible on lower octane. In my case im down 20-30rwhp do to poor quality 91.

You are saying 5rwhp then you say 20-30rwhp with addition of another variable, poor quality. How do you know its down 20-30rwhp? Have you dyno it with 93 in it to compare?

It did not show up. Post again.

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
You are saying 5rwhp then you say 20-30rwhp with addition of another variable, poor quality. How do you know its down 20-30rwhp? Have you dyno it with 93 in it to compare?

It did not show up. Post again.

All I can base my numbers off is from what I see, 560-585 on 91 and numbers at and over 600 on 93. There are always other variables so I assumed that was a given because there is no way that Ford quality control is so poor that one 13 can be 560 and one at 625.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
All I can base my numbers off is from what I see, 560-585 on 91 and numbers at and over 600 on 93. There are always other variables so I assumed that was a given because there is no way that Ford quality control is so poor that one 13 can be 560 and one at 625.

Wow! Now your assaulting Ford and their quality control? Do you even know what they do for quality control and dependability testing? But of course, I am sure you can do better? :bash:

black2007shelby

pure venom
Established Member
iam not sure how many horsepower mine car make but me and mine cousin 06 zo6 race from 2nd gear rolling at 40mph all the way up to 90mph and we both side by side. His Z06 are bone stock with borla muffler. Mine heavy convertible weight around 4000lbs.

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
Wow! Now your assaulting Ford and their quality control? Do you even know what they do for quality control and dependability testing? But of course, I am sure you can do better? :bash:

When did I insult Ford? I said no way Ford QA would allow one guy to get a 560rwhp and one guy to get a 625rwhp 13gt500. I was making the case that obviously there are variables that make this happen, whether it is fuel, happy/conservative dynos, dyno types, etc. etc.. I believe that any 2 13 gt500s under the same test conditions with the same variables will produce very close numbers within a 3% factor. I'm not sure what I did for you to display a tough guy aggressive attitude towards me but I am just here to learn and help when I can and participate in the forums.

Last edited:

dotmpeg

Established Member
iam not sure how many horsepower mine car make but me and mine cousin 06 zo6 race from 2nd gear rolling at 40mph all the way up to 90mph and we both side by side. His Z06 are bone stock with borla muffler. Mine heavy convertible weight around 4000lbs.

:shrug::shrug:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
When did I insult Ford? I said no way Ford QA would allow one guy to get a 560rwhp and one guy to get a 625rwhp 13gt500. I was making the case that obviously there are variables that make this happen, whether it is fuel, happy/conservative dynos, dyno types, etc. etc.. I believe that any 2 13 gt500s under the same test conditions with the same variables will produce very close numbers within a 3% factor. I'm not sure what I did for you to display a tough guy aggressive attitude towards me but I am just here to learn and help when I can and participate in the forums.

Your right, I missed read it. :bash: on me!

Users who are viewing this thread