Dyno Numbers for the 05

Impact 5.0

Established Member
I took the 05 in today to Apex in Santa Clara and let there tuner George do his magic, My numbers 274 RWHP/322 RWTQ, supporting Mods.. 4.10 gears, Bassani high flow X pipe and axle back, S&B CAI and XCal2 on a 91 octane tune.

UrS4

Established Member
Is your car a manual?

The torque seems a little high with the 4.10s but you have more exhaust work than I do. And the whp seems a little low for a manual. I don't know how much difference there is between a 91 and 93 octane tune though.

If your car is an auto, those are nice numbers!

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
Good numbers...dont think about those too much.....just have fun with that awesome car man.

S197 Devil

Established Member
Yeah I do actually, the car just had a magnaflow cat back and a custom predator tune by me.
pic047.jpg

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
LOL yeah that sure is "stock". A tune is ONLY like the single-best N/A mod you can do to a 3V Mustang LOL

don't get me wrong though; I am not bashing your #'s at all. Those are good dyno #'s considering you're still running the stock airbox. Time to take her to the track and see what it traps!

Last edited:

S197 Devil

Established Member
well it's stock to me, considering everyone else I know has way more than just a tune. Everyone has pullies, intake, etc.

I just wanted to prove what could be done with the motor itself.

My plans are to keep it all motor.

Right now, it's got a off-road prochamber and tuned a little bit more..

with a dyno day coming up i'll be sure to post that.

Wild Stallion

Established Member
It is possible to have higher #'s my first dyno in at 298rwhp and 314rwtq with just cold air and tune most guys i've seen with these #'s have at least pullies on to if not more.

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
Wild Stallion said:
It is possible to have higher #'s my first dyno in at 298rwhp and 314rwtq with just cold air and tune most guys i've seen with these #'s have at least pullies on to if not more.

Those are not the norm numbers for just those mods. Most folks will come out around 279 to 285 in rwHP and 290 to 300 in TQ. You are really luck to have those numbers with just those mods. I am curious however at what your actual A/F ratio is.

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
Wild Stallion said:
my a/f is holding good around 12 had 4:10's at that time too.

Still amazingly strong numbers for just those mods. Its funny how every engine is designed the same but they can each rspond differently to the mods.

Users who are viewing this thread