Dyno Numbers for the 05

turbosaleen

Established Member
S197 Devil said:
Yeah I do actually, the car just had a magnaflow cat back and a custom predator tune by me.
pic047.jpg
and if that red line is yoru tune you need to let someone else do it lol 13.7-13.5 is to lean.

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
turbosaleen said:
and if that red line is yoru tune you need to let someone else do it lol 13.7-13.5 is to lean.

All the A/F ratio lines are terrible. Even the blue line doesn't even begin to fall into a balanced A/F until 4400 RPM. The A/F should be tuned so the balance starts hitting 13.0 to 13.2 at 2500 and remain as straight as possible across that range until the pull ends. That engine is running way too lean. Whoever is tuning that car doesn't know WTF they are doing.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
CobraKindaGuy said:
All the A/F ratio lines are terrible. Even the blue line doesn't even begin to fall into a balanced A/F until 4400 RPM. The A/F should be tuned so the balance starts hitting 13.0 to 13.2 at 2500 and remain as straight as possible across that range until the pull ends. That engine is running way too lean. Whoever is tuning that car doesn't know WTF they are doing.

S197 Devil said:
Yeah I do actually, the car just had a magnaflow cat back and a custom predator tune by me.

Looks like he did his own tune, needs some work I agree, but if he's learning still, then he's doing okay.

Gotta make those mistakes to learn from them.

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
swoosh_stang said:
Looks like he did his own tune, needs some work I agree, but if he's learning still, then he's doing okay.

Gotta make those mistakes to learn from them.

True but I certainly hope he learns soon before there is no engine left. Hate to see him lose it in the process.

BlownNstrokeD

Established Member
Thats awsome man! We acually dynoed an automatic bone stock about a year ago and it made 281 rwhp . I was very surprised.

zincyellow03

Banned
S197 Devil said:
well it's stock to me, considering everyone else I know has way more than just a tune. Everyone has pullies, intake, etc.

I just wanted to prove what could be done with the motor itself.

My plans are to keep it all motor.

Right now, it's got a off-road prochamber and tuned a little bit more..

with a dyno day coming up i'll be sure to post that.

there is a stock LT1 trans am track video

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/Stock+LT1/0/30959b84-6543-4d1a-ab82-980c009df33f.htm

it is stock to him...

PuertoricanSRT

Established Member
Mine did 309 peak RWHP and 318 RWTQ. I have 20 inch rims so that is affecting my numbers a bit. I will install next week a Drivehaft , Detroit True trac differential , adj. LCA.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
BlownNstrokeD said:
Thats awsome man! We acually dynoed an automatic bone stock about a year ago and it made 281 rwhp . I was very surprised.

I'm not calling BS, but this is very hard to believe. MAnuals typically dyno from 260-270 bone stock. Some make it as high as 275. Autos are typically dyno from 250-255 on the high side.

You dynoed roughly 30 whp more on a stock car, that's 340-350 crank horsepower. That is what most bolt on cars are seeing.

That's about where mine is with JLT CAI, SCT Tuner, O/R x-pipe, and many people were calling BS on my numbers, with those mods.

Users who are viewing this thread