Dyno numbers for 2000 Saleen

00WHTSC281

Established Member
I still have the stock blower a Eaton m90. It is ported with a smaller pully. Took it,to get tuned today. We did 6 or 8 pulls tuning normal driving conditions, then 3 wot pulls. It was an hour drive to the shop.and the car went straight onto the dyno. Shop temp was 91 degrees. With all of that said my car was heat soaked by the time we did the wot pulls. IAT was about 145/150. My numbers are terrible. 330rwhp/350lbft. Tuner said if shop temp was 70 and he let the car cool before the pulls that it would do much better, around 350 to 360. My goal is 400rwhp. We decided that if I add LTs and a dry 35 shot it should put me there. Any advice or comments would helpful. Trying to get there without changing out the blower. I think it makes your car appear to be a clone, or that it started out as a n/a car.
Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
Is your bottom end forged? If not I wouldn't bother with the nitrous. How much boost and timing are you running?

00WHTSC281

Established Member
Not sure on the timing, I would have to ask my tuner. Boost was 7.5 to 8psi. I stayed on the rich side to be safe at around 11.5/1 give or take.
The bottom end is not forged but is good up to 450rwhp with a good tune. Im just wanting to get in the area of 390/400rwhp.

Last edited:

fast ford brian

Established Member
I had a 04 Saleen (newer style blower) with long tubes ,off road x, blower cams , 42 pounders , 90 mm mass air , focus fuel pump , chicane blower pulley , 10% o.d lower and a jlt cold air. With a good tuner doing the tuning it only made 396/399 at the tire .

ctgreddy

Established Member
it's that m90 and lack of boost that's hurting you. put on a smaller pulley to get it to atleast 10psi and tell him you want the car cooled before he runs it(i'd be pissed you pay all that money for a dyno tune and he doesn't even cool down the car or ice the intercooler to lower iat's), get 17 or so degrees of timing in it and hopefully you'll see you'll goal. m90 on a 2valve has never been known to make good power tho. blower cams might be necessary to get there. i would skip the nitrous route. adding a little 35 shot is useless for all the money you'd have in a GOOD/SAFE kit, some hp s292's could be had for cheaper and prolly even installed for close to the same price as a safe nitrous kit.

oh, and your 2v with a s/c, the safe point is about 400whp. anything over that it starts getting risky. 450 might be safe with a turbo but not a blower.

00WHTSC281

Established Member
I have ported blower, smaller pulley, completely sealed intercooler fixing the gap issue on saleens,lfp heat exchanger, lfp supertank, Tunable injection cold air, bbk 75mmtb, ported and polished intake plenum and manifold, msd coils, tr6 plugs, 39# injectors, svt focus fuel pump.
I still need to add LTs and x pipe.
Cams would help, I just dont know how much and if its worth the time and money. You gotta buy cams, cam gears, springs, retainers etc.

Last edited:

00WHTSC281

Established Member
Maybe add LTs and cams, and have it tuned this fall with better outside temps AND make sure the car is cool.

ctgreddy

Established Member
Maybe add LTs and cams, and have it tuned this fall with better outside temps AND make sure the car is cool.

can you drop the blower pulley anymore or is it already at the lowest size? if you can put a little smaller one on there i'd do that and cams, would be a lot cheaper than cams/longtubes. blower cams alone on a centri car are usually worth 40whp or so, i'd imagine the gains are very similar on a roots car as well.

00WHTSC281

Established Member
If I knew I could get even 30 out of cams I would like to do them eventually. I just think if you change cams, you have to buy cam gears, springs and retainers. The install would be a pain too. But then again doing headers on the ground sucks too.
As far as pulley I might be able to drop some but not much. Its a 2.6 inch pulley. I have a mosaleen idler pulley to make the belt wrap around my blower pulley more, but I think it might be slipping anyway. I thought I should have gotten more boost out of this pulley. Maybe the porting of the blower and manifold cost me some boost pressure.

Last edited:

ctgreddy

Established Member
yeah I wouldn't go down any lower than a 2.6. if you get a stage 1 cam then you dont need to do springs/retainers. I put hp s292's in my gt with the stock springs with no issues. if you've still got the stock midpipe too that could be a 10whp or so restriction as well.

00WHTSC281

Established Member
Stock mid pipe but I eliminated the cats. I just welded in straight pipes.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
For one what tuner says if I wouldve let the car cool off? He should've let your car cool down in between runs, thats just freaking absurd! Honestly I would go back on a much cooler day, ice down the blower and the intercooler res. You numbers will jump considerably from icing it down. A smaller pulley may be in order to be able to pump out 400 as your really going to have to get that m90 spinning, and realize that if you do longtubes you'll lose about 1 pound of boost from those. And you've already lost some boost due to the ported blower.

450 is the "safe" stock limit, it's all in the tune however if you can keep the afr dead on and make sure you're not out hammering on it when its 100 outside you'll be ok. Much after 400 though your really going to start wearing out the transmission and rear end. 400 is usually a very safe resting spot for a 2v, plenty of good power at that level and your not pushing the envelope to much.

I wouldn't take the lower numbers to heart to much, the car definitely has more in it!

00WHTSC281

Established Member
Thanks Kleech. I think im going to take it back in October when its cool. I have the supertank so maybe I should pack it with ice. It has a 4 inch opening. The LTs will drop my boost a little. I think it will be almost a trade off, same maybe a little more power like 5 or 10HP, but it will be better on my engine since the psi will only be about 7. If I end up around 360 to 370 ill be alright with that. Its not a race car, I just want it to hold its own on the street!

00WHTSC281

Established Member
Update. Added a chicane upper intake. Then I took it back in 40 degree temps, packed the tank with ice and leaned the afr a little. End result was 361rwhp! Picked up 30 ponies! :D

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Very nice. As said before you need to let your car cool between runs. Only "good" thing about that is it will give you a better understanding of where your car will be if you plan on racing it. Like if you're beating on it on the street you can see what type of numbers you will have.

Pick up a set of long tubes and maybe lean it out a little more to try and reach your goal.

KLeech

2V FTW
Established Member
Heck yeah man! Great numbers for the little M90! Im assuming that was still 8psi? Bumping up to 10psi and maybe just a hair more timing you could probably get 400 to the tires out of her! 360 is still a stout fun car with some good gearing and traction it can surprise alot of people! :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread