Dyno help

04OrangePeel

03Zinc
Established Member
Hey guys help me out.... Just left the local Dyno shop from our college and the professor made me Dyno the cobra in 3rd gear for some stupid reason. I told him that it should be in 4th gear but he was not having it. So I ran it in 3rd and here were the numbers max power 547.8 max torque 586. There def wrong so I need help to figure it out right if possible. My 2003 cobra has 2.76 pulley with all billetflow setup, Jlt cold air, pro chamber mid pipe, flow master car back and Bama tune with A/F right at 11.7. Any help here would be great! Thanks

Last edited:

2004silvercobra

Established Member
I believe its because 4th gear is a 1:1 ratio so the HP is more accurate..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

2004silvercobra

Established Member
Plus 4th is a longer gear so not sure why he would do 3rd gear, maybe they do 3rd in 5 speeds and 4th in a 6speed and he thought it was a 5speed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
tell him that a dyno is a tuning tool and not a whos got bigger dyno numbers game.

/end of story

4th gear for a dyno pull. only auto's are the odd ball dyno's

04OrangePeel

03Zinc
Established Member
No I told him it was a 6 speed, I thought someone might know a way to figure those numbers in 4th gear so I would have accurate numbers?

ctgreddy

Established Member
seems like it's time for him to learn how to use a dyno. IMO he didn't have any of the correction factors set right because even in 3rd gear that car made way more power than i have ever heard of. based on mods you should e around 450whp on a good dyno/gear, given in 3rd i'd say you'd see around 460-470, and your numbers are still way off.

04OrangePeel

03Zinc
Established Member
I agree it is time for him to go back to school! No port or lower here yet..... But will be in the spring. So I guess it was a waste of my time on the Dyno? Any way to refigure it to be right?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I agree it is time for him to go back to school! No port or lower here yet..... But will be in the spring. So I guess it was a waste of my time on the Dyno? Any way to refigure it to be right?

Yeah go and dyno it again, maybe somewhere else,lol.

Users who are viewing this thread