Dyno day. Livernois tune

TaylorFade

Established Member
Just popping in to share my dyno from today. I know I searched about a billion times before I bought this thing and I could only find one. So, here's another.

Bone stock right down to the filthy OEM air filter.

4F609E9E-F1E5-4305-85D6-ED0C1653F9D1_zpsr6orhsu2.jpg

Already bought the Cobb from Mountune so Randy will havea shot at matching these numbers. We shall see.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
If im reading it correctly your final run was 194whp and 253wtq? That sounds really high for a bone stock car? Arent they only something like 201hp and 230lb-ft at the crank?

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Looking into it, most guys dyno those same numbers with intake, stage 1 OTS tune and full exhaust. How is that possible?

1996mustangGt

Established Member
I don't know if they do real aggressive tunes or not but I almost bought a tuner from them for my ecoboost f150 and they say a 93 tune for that with a stock truck will give a extra 66 rear hp and 88 tq.

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We tune 110% within the safe parameters of the ECU's. The biggest 2 reasons as to why we get tune only gains that nobody else is able to attain are:

1. We use all of our own tuning software and hardware.
2. We have more experience than anyone else with the EcoBoost platform as a whole. We have been ahead of the game since 2009!

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Just popping in to share my dyno from today. I know I searched about a billion times before I bought this thing and I could only find one. So, here's another.

Bone stock right down to the filthy OEM air filter.

Hey Taylor, did you ever get those .DRF files for me? We are kind of curious about the graph that you got. There were a few things done incorrectly and the car should have actually made MORE power.

Just for example, the car was run 4 times after being driven there with the tune installed. So it was as super hot. No fan during the runs, and no cool downs in between runs. Then it got a 10-15 minute coold down before running stock. Sounds like it performed awesome. The moral of the story that I see is if you are going to have your car dyno'd, then people need to make certain operators are experienced with the vehicle that they are pulling on. A dyno pull should start below 2,000 RPM. It should always have a fan cooling the car as well.

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thanks fpr getting the run files to us! We looked at these runs, but how they were saved there is no data associated with them. Meaning we don't know when these runs were actually made.

So I can't determine the amount of cool down time associated with them.

However, The very first pull (which was in the wrong gear) made good power up top, showing a gain for what we would call typical over stock. The power was down on the subsequent runs as it was likely hot.

But since we don't have the time of the dyno runs, we can't tell much.

We think that if the 1st run was made inthe correct gear @ around 2000 RPM you would have picked up the extra 8WHP and 20WTQ matching our testing.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks fpr getting the run files to us! We looked at these runs, but how they were saved there is no data associated with them. Meaning we don't know when these runs were actually made.

However, The very first pull (which was in the wrong gear) made good power up top, showing a gain for what we would call typical over stock. The power was down on the subsequent runs as it was likely hot.

We think that if the 1st run was made inthe correct gear @ around 2000 RPM you would have picked up the extra 8WHP and 20WTQ matching our testing.

This is on a bone stock car with just your OTS tune? What software do you use and how do you load it into the vehicle? Do you have your own device?

TaylorFade

Established Member
This is on a bone stock car with just your OTS tune? What software do you use and how do you load it into the vehicle? Do you have your own device?

They have their own "MyCal" device.

And yes... my car is bone stock other than their OTS tune. 18k miles on the factory air filter too. Lol.

Loading it up is a relatively simple affair using the OBD2 port. Takes about 5 minutes.

TaylorFade

Established Member

Since you have the files and I can't open them... can you overlay the 1st or 2nd pull with the one from the OP?

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
No, unfortunately we are unable to. The files that we received are incomplete so we would be guessing at many data points on the graph. Whoever performed the dyno pulls for you were not familiar enough with the EcoBoost platform resulting in the inconclusive data.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Does Livernois have OTS tunes available for a high flow catted downpipe and larger intercooler? I am looking at going with the full bolt on parts scheme and want to make sure that they have the OTS maps available for when i get ready to buy these parts.

Livernois Motorsports

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Does Livernois have OTS tunes available for a high flow catted downpipe and larger intercooler? I am looking at going with the full bolt on parts scheme and want to make sure that they have the OTS maps available for when i get ready to buy these parts.

We have tunes for and can tune for many aftermarket modifications, and work with our customer's offering custom tunes and tweaks at no charge for any supported modifications as well. Unlike so many other tuners, our device doesn't have hidden charges, or the need to contact outside companies to assist you on getting the car dialed in.

The FiST tune from Livernois is awesome. Expect a video review from us in the near future.

Patiently awaiting this :)

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
We have tunes for and can tune for many aftermarket modifications, and work with our customer's offering custom tunes and tweaks at no charge for any supported modifications as well. Unlike so many other tuners, our device doesn't have hidden charges, or the need to contact outside companies to assist you on getting the car dialed in.

Patiently awaiting this :)
You guys ran an offer awhile ago on the mycal device for the Fiesta ST at 400 on a few Fiesta ST sites when it came out. Are you going to be doing any sales like that in the future. I know I am a tight wad.

Users who are viewing this thread