DYNO DAY @ GRC in Mission Viejo, OC

albino96

White is the fastst color
Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:
Good morning, everyone! I just finished contacting everyone in regards to Dyno Day so I will see you there!!! :beer:

I never got contacted :( . I'll just go hide in a corner.

50 Proof

Established Member
I just called the shop around 10:15 and the lady said that only one person had showed up so far, lol. I was going to get ready to cruise down but I just got word that my grandma died, so it's likely I wont be able to go to the cruise on PCH tomorrow either.

CobraStangGT16

Teenaged Gearhead
Established Member
So did this shyt even happen???

I was bombin I-15 back from Vegas...just got back 1/2 hour ago...

how did it go? if it even happened that is... :p

albino96

Established Member
CobraStangGT16 said:
So did this shyt even happen???

I was bombin I-15 back from Vegas...just got back 1/2 hour ago...

how did it go? if it even happened that is... :p

yeah it happened. I have videos of eveything. A bunch of people bailed last second :nono: , but we still had some fun and spent pretty much the whole day there. Lowest hp car, a 130 hp miata with 4 slicks and a full cage that only the owner could squeeze himself into. Then a cobalt SS supercharged with ~18 lbs and a few other things put down I thing 223 hp. Mine was the lowest cobra :( ; it had an air/fuel of 11 :eek: and only put own 260hp. Umberto (owner) said it should be able to do about 280. Then the terms in their usual mid to high 400's. Evan's whipple at about 590. The gt500 didn't really get a clean pull it looks like. One run it dynoed 845 tq then 745 the next. around 600hp I think. Don't know what's goin on with that.

There's plenty of stories and videos to come though! Like Ricky running over himself with his own car! :lol1:

Last edited:

CobraStangGT16

Teenaged Gearhead
Established Member
bwahahahaha....don't tell me Ricky.... you left it in first and hit the starter? ahahahaha...

Yeah too bad I missed it. It's 5 minutes from my house!!!

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
CobraStangGT16 said:
bwahahahaha....don't tell me Ricky.... you left it in first and hit the starter? ahahahaha...

Yeah too bad I missed it. It's 5 minutes from my house!!!

I never leave my car in gear... The dude that took it off of the dyno did and I was so worried about my intercooler fluid not cycling that I didn't think twice about it. My leg and heel still hurt like a mother too... :nonono:

QwickSilverSVT

Established Member
albino96 said:
yeah it happened. I have videos of eveything. A bunch of people bailed last second :nono: , but we still had some fun and spent pretty much the whole day there. Lowest hp car, a 130 hp miata with 4 slicks and a full cage that only the owner could squeeze himself into. Then a cobalt SS supercharged with ~18 lbs and a few other things put down I thing 223 hp. Mine was the lowest cobra :( ; it had an air/fuel of 11 :eek: and only put own 260hp. Umberto (owner) said it should be able to do about 280. Then the terms in their usual mid to high 400's. Evan's whipple at about 590. The gt500 didn't really get a clean pull it looks like. One run it dynoed 845 tq then 745 the next. around 600hp I think. Don't know what's goin on with that.

There's plenty of stories and videos to come though! Like Ricky running over himself with his own car! :lol1:

So lets see the videos!

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
BayareaSS said:
+1....what were some of the numbers?

How'd you do ric?

I don't want to talk about it... :nonono: LOL

I dyno'd at 415 RWHP at 5k RPM and they shut it down because my air/fuel was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off! I need a tune... :(

We think that it happened because my intercooler pump wasn't working. In the dyno graph, you can see where the timing is being pulled passed 3k RPM.

Put it this way... Tim and I are neck in neck, dead even, when we race and he dyno'd 455 RWHP. And I've actually beat Arien the one time that we raced and he's at 465 RWHP. :shrug:

QwickSilverSVT

Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:
I don't want to talk about it... :nonono: LOL

I dyno'd at 415 RWHP at 5k RPM and they shut it down because my air/fuel was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off! I need a tune... :(

We think that it happened because my intercooler pump wasn't working. In the dyno graph, you can see where the timing is being pulled passed 3k RPM.

Put it this way... Tim and I are neck in neck, dead even, when we race and he dyno'd 455 RWHP. And I've actually beat Arien the one time that we raced and he's at 465 RWHP. :shrug:

Tim has that system in the back to. Those subs were 50lbs each at least. does he have the whole car dynomatted?

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
QwickSilverSVT said:
Tim has that system in the back to. Those subs were 50lbs each at least. does he have the whole car dynomatted?

That's true, but I have all of my stock parts and then some in my trunk as well. LOL I don't think that it makes that big of a difference to tell you the truth, but a difference it makes non the less.

Arien's car is gutted and I still beat him so I don't know... :shrug:

QwickSilverSVT

Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:
From what I hear, 100lbs. is equivant to 10 RWHP and, I could be wrong, but I don't think that 2 RWHP is going to net you .1 in the 1/4 mile.

2rwhp is definitely not .1 in the 1/4 other wise i would be in the 2's

albino96

Established Member
I have all the videos, but they are all in vob format. What do they have to be to upload them?I have a video of every dyno there with numbers. There was... c6 z06, 05 kb gt, coballt ss sc, 96 cobra, 03-04 cobras, whippled cobra, gt500 on spray and 1 fuel pump :eek:

QwickSilverSVT

Established Member
albino96 said:
I have all the videos, but they are all in vob format. What do they have to be to upload them?I have a video of every dyno there with numbers. There was... c6 z06, 05 kb gt, coballt ss sc, 96 cobra, 03-04 cobras, whippled cobra, gt500 on spray and 1 fuel pump :eek:

upload them to youtube, image shack, photobucket, or something like that and it will give you the html tag to post here

Users who are viewing this thread