Dynatech's Installed

00Whitey

Established Member
Well basically finished up yesterday installing my new Dynatech system. All I can say is what a pain in the ass !!!! On install I read everything I could and prepared accordingly. No lift just jack stands in the garage. All went well without dropping K member, that is until completing Drv side. What a serious pain that is, especially the dreaded third bottom bolt. Absolutey no room for any kind of wrench or combination of sockets and extensions. I fought the Drivers side all day long without success on that one bolt. Had everything in place and secure except that one bolt. Ended up lowering the K member and removing motor mount as recommended in the Dynatech instructions and ultimately I got it.

So long story short for those attempting this at home on jack stands and with hyd jacks, do your self a favor and lower that K member it will save you a lot of grief in the end and the extra time involved is well worth it ! :rolling:

Kenneth

Established Member
Good to know.
This just made up my mind on having my local Performance shop do the install for me.

00Whitey

Established Member
Good to know.
This just made up my mind on having my local Performance shop do the install for me.

If you have the extra coin it may be worth it. It can be done at home but just be prepared to spend some "quality" time with your beloved steed, not difficult just very tedious.

Kenneth

Established Member
Coin's not the problem.
Figure I will need a retune anyway, so I'll let them do it all at once.

00Whitey

Established Member
Yeah the headers themselves fitment is great ! It just the install part that is/was the difficulty. Have a few days on them now and after driving no rattles or vibrations. Maybe Justin has some secret on how he did his without lowerig the K member ?

Users who are viewing this thread