Dynatech high flow cat failure be aware!

justablur91

Established Member
So getting my car ready after TVS swap to bring to Bill at Pro Edge tuning next weekend he highly suggested removing my high flow cats as they will not handle the heat/boost and are prone to failure, so i removed my cats tonight and to my surprise passenger side starting to fail. This was just from a upper pulley and cold air at 13lbs of boost 550hp. Anyone with Dynatech cats please be aware and check them thank god i caught it now before the higher boost ill be running with my tvs.
kejXpC2.png

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Wow! Were you experiencing any drivability issues with the car prior to finding the cats in this condition?

RSAGT500

Established Member
I had the same problem with my Kooks high flow cats. I ditched mine because i was told they would fail eventually. They were already starting to fail when I took them off also.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Good thing you caught it when you did.

Who's tune were you running?

justablur91

Established Member
The car had no driveablilty issues at all scary to think i was driving around like that. The tune was VMP but i dont think the tune contributed to the cat failure i just think the cats are poor quality

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
The car had no driveablilty issues at all scary to think i was driving around like that. The tune was VMP but i dont think the tune contributed to the cat failure i just think the cats are poor quality

I know nothing about your VMP tune, but the Ford ProCal tune has Adaptive Cat Protection that sprays additional fuel when WOT to cool the cats and thus prevent failure.

jenkins_1120

Established Member
There are a lot of threads about high boost and cat failure. Been all different brand cats

Last edited:

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
I know a guy lost a motor to,those cats abou 5 years ago.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
OE cats on the 13/14 seem pretty stout for those running stock or shorty headers.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I'd modify a set of stock cats to use with long tubes before I'd use anything aftermarket.

tvspower

Established Member
Tob ...I need to pass emissions in Canada and after 60kms p/s cat is failing.... Having s/maniford and H pipe and KR 's... Do you mean to gut the s/c ..ie..hollow out ? My problem is I need the sensors on to pass... I am not into changing back/forth.. So are you saying there is no product to use to pass and enjoy the power level without worry.... NO TRACK .... My ride is at BPS ... and this is a factor with are dealing with...... Any ideas????

00Whitey

Established Member
My Dynatechs failed last weekend. Completely blew the Pass side out, ended up lodged down stream. If or I should say when they fail you will know it. I limped it home and degutted and all is well. Just waiting on a revised tune.

tvspower

Established Member
Yes .. I Heed the Warning....Thank you ... With 750 at the crank with street conservative 91/93 tunes ...... no track .... so no cats will last long enough without worry...... Unless with n/c ..... everyone else is in line for failure.....???? OUCH

Users who are viewing this thread