DWI's in Texas = no problem

00slvrL

RIP 05.18.2013
Established Member
Santa Fe police: Man with 11 DWI arrests threatens to kill cop after high-speed chase | khou.com | News

SANTA FE, Texas—A repeat DWI offender was arrested Monday night after a police chase through Santa Fe and Alvin.

Police said around 8:46 p.m., a Santa Fe officer responded to a hit-and-run call at Highway 6 and FM 646.

The victim told the officer he was sitting at a red light at the intersection when a vehicle struck him from behind and took off.

Moments later, another Santa Fe officer coincidentally pulled the hit-and-run suspect over for reckless driving.

Police said the suspect initially stopped, but then he took off.

Santa Fe officers said they gave chase at speeds in excess of 100mph along Highway 6 into Alvin, where the suspect gave up.

The suspect, identified as Ralph Lynn Foltz Jr., was taken into custody.

Police suspected Foltz might be intoxicated, so they asked him to perform field sobriety tests.

They said Foltz refused, and he also refused a breath test.

Investigators said a records check revealed it was Foltz’s 11th DWI arrest. He has three previous felony convictions involving three or more DWIs.

Additionally, Foltz was recently released from prison, where he served time for DWI offenses, police said.

Police said when they drew Foltz’s blood for a mandatory alcohol test, he physically resisted and threatened to murder the arresting officer.

In a press release sent to 11 News on Tuesday, Santa Fe police said they plan to begin asset forfeiture proceedings on Foltz’s vehicle.

"We do find it disappointing that even with Foltz’s DWI history, he holds a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas," the department stated in the release.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I find it amazing he has 11 priors and still has a ****ing drivers license. At least they are now seizing his vehicle and hopefully he will spend some serious time behind bars...

dirty_canadian

Team Beast Coatings.
Established Member
Yet I can't have a TX license because I've got one pot possession charge, had to get an Arkansas license.

Stupid ****ing legal system.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Ohio had a dude arrested after 17 DWI's. He did like 5 years in prison but was let out and popped one more.

JJs89lx

In the making.....
Established Member
Funny how Texas is... I know someone with ten speeding tickets and they revoked his DL for a year...

FordMustangLove

Lame-o
Established Member
I dunno about that, how bout you post a real city instead of some redneck town. I know in Dallas we take that serious, i know 2 guys that lost their licenses and owed 20k after everything.

redline

Established Member
i think they took the guys drivers license picture setting on a barstool.

00slvrL

RIP 05.18.2013
Established Member
I dunno about that, how bout you post a real city instead of some redneck town. I know in Dallas we take that serious, i know 2 guys that lost their licenses and owed 20k after everything.

Why must I post a real town? wtf is that suppose to mean, I guess if it was local to Dallas it would be ok huh?
Look at a map, its in Galveston county, which is also considered The Houston metro area so yea i suppose the 4th largest city isnt quite big enough?
Although its not mentioned I can assume not all now 12 of his dwi's are from his small town Santa fe.
Are you currently drunk or something?:nonono:

FordMustangLove

Lame-o
Established Member
Why must I post a real town? wtf is that suppose to mean, I guess if it was local to Dallas it would be ok huh?
Look at a map, its in Galveston county, which is also considered The Houston metro area so yea i suppose the 4th largest city isnt quite big enough?
Although its not mentioned I can assume not all now 12 of his dwi's are from his small town Santa fe.
Are you currently drunk or something?:nonono:

houston....:burn:

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Here in Maryland the the first offense usually ends in probation before judgement. PBJ we like to call it, it's costly, usually $4,000.00 in fees and fines but no record. However, if your caught again, your in deep shit, which most likely will include jail time and more fines and fees. Not to mention the lawyer. Bend over.

ModularFan

Established Member
You can take a drivers license away from anyone, that won't stop everyone from operating a motor vehicle. there's probably hundreds of drivers each day if not millions, driving around with a suspensded license or don't have one from a previous conviction.

Like they say it ain't illegal unless you get caught. Just because you don't have a drivers license doesn't mean you can't operate a motor vehicle, legally anyway.

Lloyd Xmas

*The Office* Junkie
Established Member
If the douche refused the tests, the department needs to do their part and submit a search warrant for his blood to seal the deal. He has gotten off waaaaaaay to easy, many times. Must be a very tolerant county. :shrug:

03machme

go on and mach me
Established Member
If the douche refused the tests, the department needs to do their part and submit a search warrant for his blood to seal the deal. He has gotten off waaaaaaay to easy, many times. Must be a very tolerant county. :shrug:

it said in there they were doing a mandatory blood draw. once you have 3 or more it becomes a felony iirc and that is when the blood draw is mandatory.

Users who are viewing this thread