DVD copying?

PiMpOnAnR1

JIBBIES!
Established Member
Do any of you guys know where you can get real dvd movies to download for free and nothing liek kazaa or imesh i remember a site but i never saved it under favorites?

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member
I don't want to sound dumb but i would also like to know how to download dvds. I have a dvd burner built into my laptop and never use it,lol. If someone could let me know some tips or sites where i can learn this stuff i would appreciate it.

What is mIRC? where is it it? how do i use it?

feel free to pm me if you dont want to share the info here.

Last edited:

LBguy

must get stronger!
Established Member
MissionMan said:
I don't want to sound dumb but i would also like to know how to download dvds. I have a dvd burner built into my laptop and never use it,lol. If someone could let me know some tips or sites where i can learn this stuff i would appreciate it.

What is mIRC? where is it it? how do i use it?

feel free to pm me if you dont want to share the info here.
http://www.mirc.com/
http://www.mirc.com/irc.html

a94cobra

Established Member
Another solution may be to just rent the titles you want and make your own copies. Netflix is only $18 a month. If you work it hard, you can get about 18 a month. So a buck a rental. Local Blockbuster has a simlar deal. Don't have to wait on the download.

trents99

99cbra was my hero
Established Member
I'm doing the Blockbuster thing AND Netflix right now. My DVD collection is growing rather rapidly :).......(btw fwiw Netflix stinks but they have everything)

I wouldn't bother downloading. I just let my computer run like 4 days straight to get I, Robot. You have to remember these things are over 4 gbs.

a94cobra

Established Member
And what if the server is taken down when you get 98% of the movie. That sucks.

theraapster

Established Member
a94cobra said:
And what if the server is taken down when you get 98% of the movie. That sucks.

Use bittorrents, its similar to kazaa.

I use azerus, and then find the torrents on suprnova dot com

NJCOBRA10thA

Really thats my last mod.
Established Member
**** MIRC. Too many script kiddies with tons of shit to infect your computer before you know WTF happened. Stay Far Far away from IRC! The real deal and ONLY safe way to download movies is through USENET. It's not terribly difficult but requires several things:

* high speed connection
* Good news reader like NEWSBIN PRO
* Various utilites: Smartpar, Winrar
* DVD Burner
* DVD Burning Software: Nero 6.x Ultra & DVD Decrypter do nicely (U need both)
* Good news search like BINNEWS
* Premium Usenet Service like EASYNEWS

You can search on all of those products/sites and find out more. I don't do this, just know how to.

xilix

Too Stock
Established Member
If you copy directly from DVD to DVD, remember that some DVD's are dual layer (upto 8.5 gigs), which means you need to shrink it down with 'DVD Shrink' to fit on the 4.7 gig disk. There are dual layer DVD-R's but they're pricey compared the the 4.7 gig disks. Go to www.videohelp.com ... it has everything you could ever need for obtaining knowledge about video codecs, conversion, ect ect.

Just an FYI for the technology freaks, they are working on a new media standard for HD DVD. Might want to keep your eye on that, it looks like it's gonna be great.

a94cobra

Established Member
www.doom9.org Has lots of good info.

I use DVD shrink 3.2 to make copies. I usually don't care about the menus and such, so I just re-author them and just copy the movie. This program will autosize it to 4.7gb if the movie is to big to fit.

Usenet works good too. I have been using Agent 2.0 for my reader.

mmars

Meet me in the twisties!
Established Member
xilix said:
Just an FYI for the technology freaks, they are working on a new media standard for HD DVD. Might want to keep your eye on that, it looks like it's gonna be great.

Yeah, it's called blue-ray. The new PS3 will support blue-ray. Single layer blue-ray disc will hold 25gb. Dual layer will hold 50gb. One single layer disc will record 13 hours of standard format TV. Currently only available in Japan.

xilix

Too Stock
Established Member
It'll be quite some time before we get our hands on hardware that will burn it. None the less I can't wait for it to be made a U.S. standard for an optional video source.

Users who are viewing this thread