DVD based Navigation

luvgun74

Established Member
Can anyone tell me if there's anyway or a code to get my dvd nav to play dvd's? A friend with factory nav in his vette plays dvd's and i was wondering if ours does too. I don't think it does, but it doesn't hurt to ask. :kaboom:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
might be a hack out there. I'd be interested to know as well.

Blaine

Established Member
Good idea to buy a new car without the Navigation option for the 2k they want for it esp. if you want to play movies on it. You can buy a better one that closely matches the dash color for 1/2 that price. And use the 1K you just saved to buy yourself some mods.

I have never heard of a mod to make factory Navs play movies via DVD format. First the Navigation has to be able to play the MOVIE file type, which unfortunately the Navigation dvd is a differ file type then of dvds. Now since the factory radio can read MP3.... it may be possible to play movies via MP3 movie format with some type of modification to the factory radio.

I went with the Panasonic DVD player since it was a perfect color match to the factory dash. Most of the other dvd players didn't match.

picture.php

Last edited:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Why you always buy a new car without the Navigation option. Buy a better one that closely matches the dash color. And use the 1K you just saved to buy yourself some mods.

I have never heard of a mod to make factory Navs play movies via DVD format. First the Navigation has to be able to play the MOVIE file type, which unfortunately the Navigation dvd is a differ file type then of dvds. Now since the factory radio can read MP3.... it may be possible to play movies via MP3 movie format with some type of modification to the factory radio.

I went with the Panasonic DVD player since it was a perfect color match to the factory dash. Most of the other dvd players didn't match.

picture.php
I bought mine used with 500 miles on it for less than those w/o nav so if it won't play them, no big deal.

Users who are viewing this thread