Dune trailer

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
...try and put on a movie screen
You know they've already done this....twice (plus once on the "little screen" too)

Right?

(I'm sorry for being an ass)
Maybe the special effects will finally do the book justice

Pink floyd cover at the end of the trailer. Greatest end to an album at the end of the greatest album of all time IMHO

Posts and likes are not mine.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I never read the book so, I, too, don't have any idea what's going on. But then again, it's only a 3 minute trailer. I saw the Dune movie back in 1984, but this one feels much different. I does look exciting so I'll definitely watch it here at home.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
The Dune storyline has enough material to make a damn series out of easily. I think that is the single biggest reason previous endeavors have failed. It’s just extremely hard to cram that much into a 2, 3, or even 4 hour movie.

But if they get it right, well it might be the next Star Wars...sort of.

oldmachguy

Established Member
Read the entire series in the early ‘80s. Afterwards I realized that after the 4th book it was, to me, just churning the same ideas that were novel and brilliantly told in the first couple of books. Agree it’s way too much for one movie. IIRC DV is doing two movies. And the Kyle MacLachlan movie was an abject catastrophe.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
For any who don't know, Dune is being released to theaters on December 18, 2020. Hopefully it will be available for streaming (or UltraHD disc) late January, early February.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
For any who don't know, Dune is being released to theaters on December 18, 2020. Hopefully it will be available for streaming (or UltraHD disc) late January, early February.

Sigh, the one good thing that came out of CoVid was good movies going straight to streaming. Pissed if I have to wait a month now. This and Tenant are on my nerd watch list.

SVTFastBack

Established Member
Doesn't work for me, too many damn top end names right now and everything is moving away from practical effects this could just be somewhere else in the Star Wars universe. 80's movies had what's impossible to copy today, charm, pure and simple charm. Technology doesn't make movies better it makes them worse especially having all the tools everyone has access to now when back in the day every movie ended up having to come up with its own ways to get the desired effects. The acting is bloody boring and even if you didn't read the book but saw the original, thinking back it was over the top on everything, hell even call it excessive but that's what made it the movie it is. This is pure modern day mind laxative bullshit, watch it then forget it because the brain already shits itself like trying to evacuate the bowels after gnarly curry so you can finally move on with the day without being effected by previous torture.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
ah dune....was excited to see it back in the day.....really weird and boring movie.

Users who are viewing this thread