Dune-Part Two is coming in March! Can't wait to see this one.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've tried watch the 1984 version. Many times. I make it about 30 minutes in and I'm out cold. lol. Never made it through to the end.

BittenInBama

Established Member
I'd disagree w *Jay* just in that the 80's Dune compares to newest version kinda like the 60s Adam West Batman compares to Christopher Nolan's Dark Knigt.
Original was campy and forever entertaining but the newest movies are much truer to books (at least what we've seen).
I thought the 2 ScyFy mini series were closer to the books than the 80s movie.
Absolutely no way of telling this story in a single 2 hour motion picture. The mini series approach would be fantastic if budget would allow. Scope of the story is just too massive.
Would be like cramming Star Wars episodes 4 thru 6 into 1 movie.

Now...the big question for those that have read the books/ seen 80s movie:
How will Alia be portrayed? Major role? Minor appearance? I think she could be a really good addition to the story if done well

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
If the movie is even remotely close to the book, The Fremen absolutely destroy the Harkonnen and even the Sardaukar with ease in battle. I have a feeling that they will make it much closer for the movie

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Who else has their tickets bought for this?

We are seeing it Saturday March 2 at 7:00 PM!! We have a local place that serves dinner and drinks with the movie. Always a good time.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If anyone is interested, Dune (Part 1) is streaming tomorrow night and Saturday afternoon on TNT.
Tomorrow, 6:45 PM
Sat, 3/2, 4:45 PM

BittenInBama

Established Member
Thoroughly enjoyed the movie. They took some liberties w story line of course, but it flowed pretty good.
Think you can prob go ahead & give it the Oscar for cinematography. It was visually amazing!
If you're a Dune fan, I do not think you'll be disappointed

Won't say any more. Don't want to spoil anything.

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
Thoroughly enjoyed the movie. They took some liberties w story line of course, but it flowed pretty good.
Think you can prob go ahead & give it the Oscar for cinematography. It was visually amazing!

Glad to hear!

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Watched the new one when it came out. Fell asleep.

Went to the movies and saw Godzilla. Saw the trailer for this Dune. Thought it looked great. Went home and tried to watch part 1 again. And. Fell asleep.

Don’t think I can watch a three hour movie in the theaters. I hydrate so much that I have to take a piss just about every two hours and I’ll be essentially paying for a nice nap in a comfortable reclining seat just to wake up and have to take a piss.

JPKII

Established Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Thank you for not giving any spoilers. lol. I am soooo excited.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Thanks for the update, AND for not posting a spoiler. LOL. How long was the movie? Part 1 was just over 2 1/2 hours.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
saw it this weekend. It starts off really slow but it escalates quickly towards the finale. Good movie but this feels like a directors cut, i could take out 30min of the movie and still hit all the story points. There's not enough here to justify 3hrs.

Visuals were awesome, great attention to detail, story has many angles to think about. Pretty much a master class in how to make a good sci fi movie.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
You can fly the ornithopter on MSFS with a few missions and then anywhere on the planet.
Saw it in Imax last minute last night, bladder nearly ruptured.
best advice is watch the first one within a day of going to see Dune 2. keeps all the lines fresh in your mind, I did not and took me a bit to catch up on characters and where it left off.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
I love that they filmed in infrared for the Geidi Prime scenes. Led to that awesome black and white look and makes you wonder what live on a planet with a star that shines mostly in infrared would look like and do to your culture.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
Still, Rebecca Ferguson...

They have Zendaya who is a Euphoria alum, too bad they didn't have Sydney Sweeney's t**ties, I mean Sydney Sweeney, in the movie. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread