Dual walbro's and 80's - E85 power level?

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
I hate to be one of those guys that makes speculative threads like this, but I searched around and didn't find any definitive answers so please forgive me if this is redundant.

Any estimates on what sort of power levels I could expect to cap at on E-85 with dual walbro 255's run in parallel with 80lb injectors on a return system? -8an feed lines, -6an return line. It's a built motor, T56, Hellion 76mm car.

And whats the real skinny on using walbro's with E-85? I've run across some back and forth on whether they're even recommended for use with E-85.

Alternatively, can anyone recommend a single external pump to support mid-700rwhp and is summer/sunny weather daily-drivable? I'd like to avoid using pump controllers and fuel coolers if possible. This would be used with a stock 96 tank and a pick-up tube, like what Glenn's Performance sells for example. I was thinking perhaps a Magnafuel 750 would be a good option?

Thanks for any input you might be able to provide, guys!

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
I'm wondering almost the same thing, except I want to know if dual GS342s (Lethal Budget kit) will support around 700-750rwhp on e85. Still waiting on results of this kit

kleistang

Established Member
i made 748 with 2 ford gt superchar pumps (they are walbro), but not gss342. i also had a boost a pump set to 25.

check out the bosch # 0 580 254 044 if you want to go with an external pump. put 2 of thise pumps and be done with it. you would have no issues, and your motor would blow out 10 times before you need more fuel

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
So I read on the GS342s and they flow 255, so they're the same as walboro 255? So I guess my question is the same as the OP's !

i made 748 with 2 ford gt superchar pumps (they are walbro), but not gss342. i also had a boost a pump set to 25.

check out the bosch # 0 580 254 044 if you want to go with an external pump. put 2 of thise pumps and be done with it. you would have no issues, and your motor would blow out 10 times before you need more fuel

What do you mean Ford GT's are walboros? I thought ford GT's only flow 235 as to 255 in gs342s, could be wrong though

I have little to no knowledge when it comes to fuel systems lol!

Last edited:

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
check out the bosch # 0 580 254 044 if you want to go with an external pump

These really look like they may be the ticket. Not much more expensive to run versus Walbro's either.

What are their street manners like? Do they overheat in traffic?

Thanks for the tip! :beer:

kleistang

Established Member
These really look like they may be the ticket. Not much more expensive to run versus Walbro's either.

What are their street manners like? Do they overheat in traffic?

Thanks for the tip! :beer:

they are just perfect. they come in porches from factory. you would have plenty of fuel

kleistang

Established Member
So I read on the GS342s and they flow 255, so they're the same as walboro 255? So I guess my question is the same as the OP's !

What do you mean Ford GT's are walboros? I thought ford GT's only flow 235 as to 255 in gs342s, could be wrong though

I have little to no knowledge when it comes to fuel systems lol!

walbro makes ford GT pumps. they are pretty much like svt pumps but the outlet in the top is a bit longer and draws less amps if i remember correctly.

YGETV8

Established Member
fore dual hat, -8 feed, aeromotive fpr, fore fuel rails, -6 return, fiveomotorsports 96lbs injectors. kb BAP set to #25

Thanks for the info. One more question though: I thought the general consensus was that returnless pumps wouldn't last long in a return style set up? Thanks, Jay

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
So from doing alittle research it seems that 255s will support around 750rwhp on e85, with a BAP. But some say bap causes the pumps to die early, so idk. I think I will be sticking with dual bosch 044s.

alpha06

SKY 600
Established Member
I installed some modified PT342 Walbros from Jay Racing. These pumps outflow the new Aeromotive, DW300's and Bosch044's. I will be getting my car tuned in a few weeks and I'll let you guys know. I went with two of the Jay Racing pumps in a fore hat and fit perfect.

gt347mustang

Established Member
I installed some modified PT342 Walbros from Jay Racing. These pumps outflow the new Aeromotive, DW300's and Bosch044's. I will be getting my car tuned in a few weeks and I'll let you guys know. I went with two of the Jay Racing pumps in a fore hat and fit perfect.

Does Jay just punch in the top like buschur? thats a real common mod for the gss342.

Users who are viewing this thread